Local bike shop or mechanic near Mirfield, West Yorks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thistler

Veteran
We're in the process of moving and I have an old shopper bike that needs some work, and I possibly might need some help getting my old Galaxy ready for a tour later in 2022. There is stuff I would rather pay someone else to do as long as the prices aren't outrageous.

Can anyone recommend a local bike shop or mechanic in the Mirfield area?

iluvmybike

Über Member

We're in the process of moving and I have an old shopper bike that needs some work, and I possibly might need some help getting my old Galaxy ready for a tour later in 2022. There is stuff I would rather pay someone else to do as long as the prices aren't outrageous.

Can anyone recommend a local bike shop or mechanic in the Mirfield area?
That looks a good recommend for @thistler. The only slight reservation I would have is that the mobile mechanic you have linked to shows better attention to detail on the bikes repaired than is evident on his website which contains numerous typing/ spelling errors.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
@thistler - Are you moving to Mirfield? If so there's lots of greenways / cycle routes nearby. I'm a member of the local cycling club Ravensthorpe CC, who are based in Mirfield. There's also Roberttown CCC, who are a bit lot more sedate. Having seen you're a lady - Ravensthorpe have a Ladies' section for all abilities: https://www.facebook.com/groups/424689934358111 And I do mean all, from the nervous beginners through to some very quick lady riders.

One local mechanic is Tomek, who's based in Heckmondwike and whilst he's not done any work for me he has done a lot for club members. He'll probably be cheaper than Sowerby's:

41976528_2164625967110114_2148128382720671744_n.jpg

The other one I'd recommend is Mal Lancaster at DML in Batley but who'll be around Sowerby's price: https://dmlcycle-repairs.co.uk/

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
Thank you so much, @DCLane! Yes, we are in the process of moving to Mirfield. I will be up there full time around the middle of January. Once I'm back in a bit better shape (it ended up taking me months to recover from my crash) I will definitely look up those groups - sedate is probably the best for me!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Welcome to the area @thistler - you'll find Ravensthorpe Ladies and Roberttown are often members of the same club, so an enquiry to one will cover both and I'd suggest Ravensthorpe first as they've a dedicated ladies section. I'm sure they'll make you welcome, with quite a number in your age group.

OP
OP
thistler

thistler

Veteran
That's brilliant @DCLane - thank you so much!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I can get to Mirfield very easily and cheaply by train and I don't ride out that way often so (before Covid came along and scuppered things) I had been planning to do a metric century forum ride starting and finishing at Mirfield station. It would be a hilly route, but tackled at a very leisurely pace. You'd be welcome to come along if I organise the ride in 2022.

Top Bottom