Local bike shop - stock choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I had looked at that, but I am a bit of a shorty, 5”5; so I think I need, 52 or53........
Odd as it sounds, the availability of a women’s roadbike may be greater, plenty in non pink!
you might even need a 51cm frameset.

OP
OP
A

Amac

Did they let you ride it?
No, but I didn’t ask, I am not so confident I would feel whether it was right, the reads on I picked this shop at the start, was they did a “bike fit” but they are not doing that at the money.

OP
OP
A

Amac

If you like something a little different Winstanleys still have Orro Terras for £1062 with 105.

I love mine to bits, good ride, great paintwork.

Before @vickster says it, it does have a press fit BB.😉
Cheers, being a bit different is good for me, but Wigan is a bit far, mind you I have relatives in Liverpool :smile:

OP
OP
A

Amac

Odd as it sounds, the availability of a women’s roadbike may be greater, plenty in non pink!
you might even need a 51cm frameset.
Yes that was the whole idea of the bike fit, at the moment you can’t go in the shop, they have to bring everything out......

vickster

Legendary Member
I know, I am not too sure, I also went to my local Evans as well as my local shop, I tried a couple of sizes, but they didn’t have pedals on, so it felt very odd!
Yes it‘s an odd time to buy for sure. If the guides suugets you are between sizes, the received wisdom is to go smaller. You can grow a bike with a stem, layback post etc but you cannot shrink a frame!

OP
OP
A

Amac

Perhaps, I need to go back up there, my main worry was would it be a mistake for me buying a so called gravel bike .....

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Just write this summer off as a freak event and start looking for something in the autumn or next year, when there will be vastly more choice available, and also a huge selection of nearly-new secondhand machinery being flogged off at a large loss by ex-coronacyclists. Now is really not the time to be buying as you will be paying over the odds for something that might involve a compromised choice due to poor availability.

OP
OP
A

Amac

Just write this summer off as a freak event and start looking for something in the autumn or next year, when there will be vastly more choice available, and also a huge selection of nearly-new secondhand machinery being flogged off at a large loss by ex-coronacyclists. Now is really not the time to be buying as you will be paying over the odds for something that might involve a compromised choice due to poor availability.
Ha ha and that was my 2nd thought, just stick with the hybrid for the moment and park all those “I really need one” thoughts lol

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah I’ve had a decent Covid for bike selling. I also bought one that I had been looking around at for a while on eBay. Maybe paid £50-100 over the odds vs a year ago but it’s immaculate. That was back in March, buying has definitely got tougher since

Sill not looking good at my LBS, oddly plenty of stock over £3k though.....
1593699149808.png

Top Bottom