Local bike shop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
One of my chain links warped summat badly yesterday while i was out. I managed to push myself along to a local bike shop. I asked the lad if he could have a look for me, he said he was closing up but he'd have a quick look at it. He must have spent around 30 minutes sorting the problem, he put three new links in after freeing the chain which had become stuck between the peddle and the frame,adjusted the gear cables and even wiped the oil marks off the bike as well. I expected him to ask a tenner at least for his efforts but no he only wanted four quid! I gave him the ten pound note i always carry and thanked him for his efforts.
He's been struggling lately as many small businesses have so if it's ok with the moderators i'd like to give him a mention? The Bike Shop On Queen Street Great Harwood Near Accrington will mend your punctures or replace the inner tube for 6 quid, and do other repairs at dirt cheap prices,if you are ever passing through!:thumbsup: (mods if the name check isn't allowed please delete the name check and not the whole thread;) )

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Well said. Good to hear that people like this are still there and good that you took the time to mention it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hey, we have no problem with naming bike stores that give a good service.

It's good to hear stories like this and goes to show why we should all try and support such stores. It's so easy now to buy gear from the internet but it doesn't take much to pop in to your lbs now and again.

Top Bottom