'local' drivers :P - Apparently I should be able to fly :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

thomas

the tank engine
I've not plugged a video on here for a while, so why not :smile:.

Went for a spin tonight. Usually I'd go the other way, which means I get to go quickly down this hill, but I decided to go up it instead today (bit of practice for when I'm back in Surrey :o).

Anyway...this 'local' driver seems to think I should be able to fly over parked cars, then yells at me a bit like the Hill Billies on Top Gear US special! :biggrin:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH2qNz1I-iQ

He must have turned off somewhere as there was a lot of traffic at the top of the hill. I thought I saw him, but it was a women in an equally rubbish sort of car.

I just found it kind of funny (and pathetic :biggrin:)! :biggrin:

I suppose being yelled at was only fair after I started yelling "come on Chris Hoy!" and clapping when I saw a friend on her bike this afternoon on the way back from UNI. Then beat her across a red light (I was walking!!) :biggrin:. She seemed to find it funny...or at least pretended ;)

It's called impatience and it's normal in human beings.

Cab

Classic example of the same thing we so often see. You're a cyclist, and his penis has atrophied due to all the benzene you get in petrol these days.

colinr

Whereabouts is that? I can't work it out from the video. I do love a bit of loocal talk thoogh.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
colinr said:
Whereabouts is that? I can't work it out from the video. I do love a bit of loocal talk thoogh.

hehe. I was about to try and describe it, but I'll just get the map up :tongue:

It's Kett's Hill...near the railway station(ish).

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...d=wNQAQH9E-T9pMK11-TpG2g&cbp=12,300.33,,0,8.7

Like you say Colin, generally nothing that bad happens cycling in Norwich and if a toot and a bit of loooccaaal talk is the worst I get cycling during rush hour, on a main road, I'll be happy :biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I thought I recognised that! My mum and dad moved to Quebec (Kweeebec :tongue:) Road a few years after I left home. I've ridden up Gas Hill enough times to put paid to the myth that Norwich is flat.

OP
OP
thomas

thomas

the tank engine
Bollo said:
I thought I recognised that! My mum and dad moved to Quebec (Kweeebec :biggrin:) Road a few years after I left home. I've ridden up Gas Hill enough times to put paid to the myth that Norwich is flat.

I've heard about Gas Hill....just looked and it is the one next to Kett's hill. I guess they're both pretty similar in steepness.

Okay, I've climbed 50% of the hills in Norwich :tongue:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I remember climbing some kind of hill in Norwich, on the way from the train station to Mike Burrow's workshop. LOLOL!

BigSteev

BentMikey said:
I remember climbing some kind of hill in Norwich, on the way from the train station to Mike Burrow's workshop. LOLOL!

So do I. I too had been taken in by the 'flat Norwich' myth and was on the fixed. Spun out at about 28mph on the way back.

Top Bottom