Location of member gives location on google maps!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Strava on the other hand is a worry for privacy. All it takes is someone with a public account not hiding their location, and boom, everyone knows where you live and probably your name as well. Hence why I make my strava request to follow.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Strava on the other hand is a worry for privacy. All it takes is someone with a public account not hiding their location, and boom, everyone knows where you live and probably your name as well. Hence why I make my strava request to follow.

You can set it to exclude the first and last sections of your ride so the start and end point are not shown.

Mapmyride does this too.

U

User6179

If you are not blocking leaderboards then someone can just click on your route from there.

Shaun

Founder
Just to confirm, there are no privacy issues - CC just links whatever text you put into your location to Google Maps. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Just to confirm, there are no privacy issues - CC just links whatever text you put into your location to Google Maps. :okay:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
That one TMN to me

Yeah, I know it's different coming from @Shaun :smile:

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I have two black carbon stealth bikes so no one can see me anyway...

I also have this on which I cannot be missed.

2017-01-13 12.59.17.jpg

Top Bottom