Lockdown haircut

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mrs Salad was a hairdresser when we first met, and has always cut my hair. These days there is not much on top, so she just runs clippers with a no 2 guard over the whole lot every couple of weeks.

Her brother lives on his own, and as he has been having chemo for some months, is self isolating. Before lock down, he used to keep his hair fairly short, and had it cut probably every 3 or 4 weeks.
But what to do in the current restrictions?
He got his son to collect a trimmer set for him, and set about giving himself a D I Y haircut.
How should he tidy up the back of his neck, which he obviously couldn't see?
He applied a line of masking tape (!) and trimmed up to the edge of it, apparently.........

Ripple

Veteran
I'd be over the moon if I could do that!

It takes a fair bit of gymnastics with 2 mirrors until I almost dislocate my eyeballs. The rest of it is "just do it blindly and pray that it will go ok". Last time it didn't go that ok. ^_^

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Haircut hasn't changed in years,Mrs ck buzz cuts a number one all over when it gets untidy,I wear a hard hat all day at work then a skid lid whilst riding so a hair style is impossible

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Very curly hair and a big head here, so I usually opt for a No 2 back and sides; the only way to keep it tidy.

I don't dare try cutting it myself, so it's looking pretty bad. Not quite a "Brian May" (which I rocked circa 1990), currently somewhere between Thomaz Schafernaker and an afro.

Julia9054

Guru
This is me at the moment. I wish they would open hairdressers.
20210216_155549.jpg

Dave7

Legendary Member
Years ago I had longish hair. When I took up scuba diving I kept it short for ease.
Now, I just don't like the feel of long hair.
Lockdown is changing that ^_^

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Very curly hair and a big head here, so I usually opt for a No 2 back and sides; the only way to keep it tidy.

I don't dare try cutting it myself, so it's looking pretty bad. Not quite a "Brian May" (which I rocked circa 1990), currently somewhere between Thomaz Schafernaker and an afro.
He’s more like Thomaz Shaggynaker now :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom