Lockdown? What lockdown?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
then where the **** are people going?:wacko:
Exactly! I live next to a very busy road. I was counting a vehicle every 3 to 4 seconds late yesterday afternoon. Just where the feck are they going?! 🧐

No school run. No shops. Half the country's not working. Just where are they going? 🤔 Seriously,i'd say that road near me if not busier than normal is certainly as busy as normal. Surely the amount of traffic should be down 50%.🤔

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Exactly! I live next to a very busy road. I was counting a vehicle every 3 to 4 seconds late yesterday afternoon. Just where the feck are they going?! 🧐

No school run. No shops. Half the country's not working. Just where are they going? 🤔 Seriously,i'd say that road near me if not busier than normal is certainly as busy as normal. Surely the amount of traffic should be down 50%.🤔

Many schools are half-full with 'essential' workers' children plus others who are classed as vulnerable. Even if the 'essential worker' is furloughed (my neighbours opposite!). Also lots more are at work rather than working from home.

Yes, the roads seem much busier than March. That's because they are busier.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Many schools are half-full with 'essential' workers' children plus others who are classed as vulnerable. Even if the 'essential worker' is furloughed (my neighbours opposite!). Also lots more are at work rather than working from home.

They'll be busier than they were last March,as then we had low traffic levels not seen since the 1950's/60's. My point was/is that we are now seeing traffic levels as high as they were pre virus. Yet it's supposed to be essential travel only.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

They'll be busier than they were last March,as then we had low traffic levels not seen since the 1950's/60's. My point was/is that we are now seeing traffic levels as high as they were pre virus. Yet it's supposed to be essential travel only.

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Every survey I've seen shows much lower traffic levels than pre-virus - there are several quoted recently on this thread. I havent' see Accrington-specific figures of course; do you have any to support your point?
No,i just look out my window overlooking the busy road and count them in my head. That'll do for me.

Laziness driving seems to have increased as well. Parking either legally or illegally as close as possible to supermarket/shop entrances is on the increase. Sorry,but no 'official survey',you'll just have to take my word for it.

1611408177605.png

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Went out yesterday to try and find propane for my forge, only to discover that sector of the market is still living in the 1960s and closes at the weekends. Anyhoo, traffic entirely at normal levels and I saw a lot of queues at coffee shops for takeaways. Giving up on the propane after driving 6 miles to a garden centre only to find it doesn't open on Saturdays or Sundays in Jan/Feb, I thought I'd nip in to a Home Bargains because they have big bags of logs for the firepit ( Mrs S has only been as far as the back garden since September and the firepit takes the chill off). Bloody hell! The car park was absolutely rammed, with cars driving around in circles looking for spaces. Given the car park holds over a hundred cars, I guessed inside the shop would be busy too, so I just turned around and drove home.

Looks like people are understandably getting out where they can but with few places open, it's very busy in some spots.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Went out yesterday to try and find propane for my forge, only to discover that sector of the market is still living in the 1960s and closes at the weekends. Anyhoo, traffic entirely at normal levels and I saw a lot of queues at coffee shops for takeaways. Giving up on the propane after driving 6 miles to a garden centre only to find it doesn't open on Saturdays or Sundays in Jan/Feb, I thought I'd nip in to a Home Bargains because they have big bags of logs for the firepit ( Mrs S has only been as far as the back garden since September and the firepit takes the chill off). Bloody hell! The car park was absolutely rammed, with cars driving around in circles looking for spaces. Given the car park holds over a hundred cars, I guessed inside the shop would be busy too, so I just turned around and drove home.

Looks like people are understandably getting out where they can but with few places open, it's very busy in some spots.
Might be worth getting your gas online. I get Mine from Gottle with no hassle.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Passed Macdonald's whilst riding, before the shops opened. There was a queue!
If the police are pouncing on visitors to places like beaches, how about a car just at the exit of the takeaway, just to see how essential that journey for a burger really was?

Top Bottom