locked out - what a 'kwit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
made a real arse of life today. locked myself out while taking daughter's bike to the lbs. not normally a problem, but as the other set of keys was in edinburgh…

not having my cell phone, it dawned on me that i didn't know where the 'phone boxes in town lived, so i had fun finding one. got the wife to order a locksmith.

he turns up, does the business, and i'm now over £70 lighter of pocket than i got up this morning :blush:

adding insult to injury, the cycle club rode past on the ride that i was scheduled to ride before i locked myself out ;)

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I live in a small block of 9 flats and I would say that half of them have locked themselves out, only last week the couple below me came back from holidays and found out they had no keys this was at 10pm I was just going to bed, but oh no I had to drive them 28 miles to get a spare set. I have one of those key safes have a look on e-bay
key safe

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'm lucky we have spares at parents, who only live a mile away !!!

Although my mum and MIL have managed to lock themselves in our house - when we've been away - instructions over the phone about how to get back out......

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the plus side is that i've sorted a problem out with my airport express and airtunes, which as cutting out due to interference. it's hard to do that level of geekery whilst either on a bike or in the presence of family (back tomorrow).

SimonGalgut

alecstilleyedye said:
adding insult to injury, the cycle club rode past on the ride that i was scheduled to ride before i locked myself out ;)

You should have shouted - we could have stopped and had a good laugh :sad:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
SimonGalgut said:
You should have shouted - we could have stopped and had a good laugh :sad:

the locksmith looked at me a bit funny when i pointed at the blokes in lycra and said that's what i should have been doing ;)

Plax

Guru
I've locked myself out a few times.Thankfully my dad has keys to my house. One time I managed to lock my mobile and purse in the car, and my car keys and house keys in the house. My neighbour was out so I had to go to the local shop and ask if I could use their phone. I could only remember my dads house number and he wasn't in. Thankfully his girlfriend answered on my second attemt at phoning so she had to phone my dad's mobile to tell him to come over to mine to rescue me. I spent the resulting 30 or so minutes in the local pub where I had a free drink as they thought it was hilarious.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I've had to do quite a few break in's in my time. It is amazing how easy it is, especially PVCu doors with multipoint locking and Euro lock barrels. Mortice locks are pretty secure if the door and frame are good quality, Yale type latches are too easy.

Trillian

i've locked myself out once, my spare key lives at a friends house, however he was away for the day and getting back late

oh well, good excuse to be laid on the sofa at my gf's house and her housemates couldn't complain!
ended up fixing one of their cars tho but meh

kyuss

Veteran
Locking yourself out isn't nearly as embarrassing as getting locked in.

Many years ago my flatmate left for work not realising I was still in the flat so locked the deadlock on his way out. Unfortunately I'd left my keys at my parents house the night before so had no way of getting out. Having your boss pass you work through the letterbox is embarrassing. Fortunately he saw the funny side.

Top Bottom