London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chiltern Hundreds is another political scam is it not? :biggrin:

SD - ilovebikes & Co will take you for a nice 100 miler - you'll do it easily...
...it's the other 150 afterwards that might get a tad puffy! :ohmy:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Aperitif said:
Chiltern Hundreds is another political scam is it not? ;)

SD - ilovebikes & Co will take you for a nice 100 miler - you'll do it easily...
...it's the other 150 afterwards that might get a tad puffy! :tongue:

Sounds like a challenge! :biggrin:

stevevw said:
He did tell me but I can not remember ;)
Thats what happens when you get to my age. ;)

Wiki:

"A hundred is a traditional division of an English county, and the three hundreds of Stoke, Desborough, and Burnham are in Buckinghamshire. These three hundreds are situated in the hilly, wooded Chiltern Hills, which were once notorious as a hiding place for robbers."

So it looks as if there might be some tenuous bragging rights for a three hundred-er, although the route is in reality only about a 50 miler.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
It is up to B&D.
Reborn on the 4th of July is going to be rescheduled as most are doing Fnrttc followed by the Dunwich Dynamo over the 3rd-4th-5th July. Auntie Helen has an interim Maningtree ride on the 18th July
I think we may have a space on the 1st Aug as I have not heard from WLC1 for some time.

I do hope that B&D does want to try again as it looks like a very nice ride and it is one that I can do another 100+ mile ride.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Ah just as well I asked I did not know MacB's ride was rescheduled! as I have no compulsion to ride through the middle of the night I will just have to hope I can fit the daytime ones in. +1 for the B&D ride I would like to do another big mileage ride too.

Yes, I do intend to reschedule, all the recce work has been done so there's no reason to shelve it. Thanks for the continuing interest shown.

It's hard at this stage to pin down what commitments 2 teenagers are lining up for me over the summer months with the ever-mutating demands of their hormonally-driven social lives, but the Chilterns ride will, er... ride again.

B&D

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Do you want to stick my Interim ride in the first post, Steve, or does that screw up the 'First weekend of each month' system?

For those interested in my ride, in further discussion with Wowbagger it seems that we may now have a dip in the sea at Frinton and play rounders on the village green at Great Bentley (the largest village green in the world, or something, at 43 acres: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Bentley )

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
B&D and MacB what is the status of your rides as i'm looking forward to doing both of them?

Top Bottom