London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Boxhill.

You'd all need camping gear to wait for me to arrive at the top. Two days ought to do it.

redjedi

Über Member
It can't be that bad, the clue's in the name...

It's just a hill ;)

(no i have never been up it, but I have heard there is an italian lady waiting at the top :laugh: )

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Is there anything planned for June yet? I will finally be finished with the project I am doing at work by the 1st week in May (final weekend that I am working is the Manningtree ride ;) )

Would like to come along to another ride... it's been a while!

Regards,
SD

redjedi

Über Member
Hello SD

7th June - Sunday 7th. The Chiltern Hundred, NW London setting out from Watford Junction (BR out of Euston, M25 nearby), Led by Bleakanddevine
Link to follow

Will you be ready for a ton? It will be good to see your new steed.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi RJ

Nice - the new steed is proving troublesome. Have the new forks on and spacer height correct but there's play in the headset now :thumbsdown: I'm taking him down to the LBS tomorrow to see if they can help (in truth I think the frame's a touch too small for the kind of setup I would ideally like and I am using too many spacers).

Back OT: The Chiltern hundred, yes I seem to remember this now. I haven't ridden a 50 quite yet, much less a Ton! We'll see... Wonder if I could do a couple of longish rides over the next few weeks to train for this magnificent event :tongue:

Hope you're enjoying life on drops!

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hmm, could do CoG... Bonfire ride - checking out the fireworks / bonfires of the Capital's parks maybe. A large rocket in a certain place (that the sun don't shine) might make me a tad quicker up hills! :biggrin:

I'll have a think and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Ignore the above - I have just read the date on CoG's post... thought for some reason it was the start of Nov... my bad.

wlc1

boxhill - that's my local hill. ( is at the end of a great 30 mile loop in ride)

Lovely.... it's not that bad - but it's bad enough to make the legs like jelly and a stop at the top

Glad to be back and hopefully catch up with you all soon.

Not been on the bike for a couple of months so lost loads of fitness but back commuting now so getting some miles in.

hurrah.

OP
OP
stevevw

stevevw

Guru
SD do not worry the The Chiltern Hundred is not 100 miles. That naughty Bleakanddevine is fibbing. No doubt many will make it in to 100 miles even if they have to go in the other direction first.

Top Bottom