London and Home Counties Cycle Chat Rides 2009

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sig SilverPrinter

So if its not now from Waterloo where do I get a train to go to Clapham I'm coming into Liverpool St and would have cycled across to Waterloo.

redjedi

Über Member
I think I'll be doing this one. I'll be coming from Brentford (Kew area) and don't mind going to Clapham or Waterloo, I'll also be on 2 wheels.

If we're starting at Waterloo, then I will need to follow CoG and Sittingduck or I may get lost. I can meet you two at the Common.

Origamist

Legendary Member
I better load up my panniers with cakes if we're going on a gentle pootle!

I'm easy, Waterloo or Clapham Common.

SSP - cycling to Clapham Common from Waterloo is easy and about 4 miles, otherwise you can jump on a train from Waterloo to Clapham Junction as its only a 3 min ride to the common then.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I'm not too sure about coming on this one, I'm sort-of tending towards thinking I won't come. Partly because driving to London, parking etc is a bit of a headache and a long way for me, plus the Billericay ride is very soon afterwards (and that's very convenient for me) so I'll still get a good ride in company in, plus I'd have to put the dog in the kennels for the day as Uncle James is working away then.

However I was rather hoping to attend all of these so I might change my mind nearer the time. Make your arrangements without taking me into account and if I do decide to come, I'll manage it somehow!

Sig SilverPrinter

Have you decided where we are going from yet?
If its not waterloo i need to work out my route to clapham.
I get easily lost !

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Dunno - if Waterloo is easier perhaps we better meet there? I am happy to meet up with anyone heading from the Clapham area though as I am familiar with the route from SW > SE1...

Tdr!nka - what say you? :biggrin: You the Boss on this one...

Sig SilverPrinter

Hey sittingduck if we do go from clapham could you tell me a good route.As i say don't know south very well only waterloo as thats where i work.It normally takes me just over 1 hour to get from my house to the part of waterloo where i work and have no idea how long it would take me to get to clapham.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hi

As CoG has said, it's pretty easy to get from Waterloo to CC. I head down part of this route each day on the way home. I go down York Road, past the Eye. Past St Thomas' Hospital to Lambeth Bridge the it's a straight run to Vauxhall then onto CC either down the Wandsworth Road or Clapham High St. I take the scenic route on my commute home and cross back over at Lambeth and follow Millbank then the river all the way to Chelsea Bridge before going through Battersea Park but that's another story....

Happy to meet up with anyone at Waterloo and cycle back to CC first or indeed meet at CC and cycle to Waterloo to meet others.

I hope that's straightforward :ohmy:

Top Bottom