London Bikeathon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Anyone done the london bikeathon?

Someone in my family is doing it and asked if i wanted to do it but looking on there website at the faqs they state that the roads will not be closed, If that is the case it will mean stopping and starting and unclipping at every blooming red light.I don't fancy doing that every couple of minutes.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
That's London cycling for ya.
Once you get into the burbs it will be fine.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
thanks guys :thumbsup:

Have done quite a few 60 milers so have entered for the 52 mile event.

Thought about the 100 miler but i think i will have to gradually build up to that sort of mileage.

EddyP

Regular
I agree with ianrauk as a cyclist in London the red lights can be a bit of a pain however I would think there would be appropriate stewarding and event planning in order for all of the cyclistd to get around without huge delays.

I found this site which has all the information on the London Bikeathon which might be of use to you

http://leukaemialymphomaresearch.org.uk/londonbikeathon

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
So i did the london bikeathon yesterday,spent most of the day,with countless others weaving through the heavy london traffic and the countless traffic lights and with clipless pedals was a nightmare.

There wasn't many times when you could have got a bit of speed up.

Well done to the organizers and to the many people for raising money for a worthwhile charity but i'm not sure i would do it again.

i saw some of the bikeathon riders heading through New Malden. the traffic was really heavy in SW London due to the triathlon in hyde park and a duathlon in richmond park. not great timing really.

i did the ride a few years back and it wasn't too bad - this year it had to go around the parks, as did all the cars!

well done on doing it.

Whiskey88

i saw some of the bikeathon riders heading through New Malden. the traffic was really heavy in SW London due to the triathlon in hyde park and a duathlon in richmond park. not great timing really.

Not to mention Greenpeace marching a giant polar bear along the South Bank.

Well done for completing it. I would love to give it a go myself, but I somewhat doubt my half-century-old bike would make it across the finish line...

Not to mention Greenpeace marching a giant polar bear along the South Bank.

Well done for completing it. I would love to give it a go myself, but I somewhat doubt my half-century-old bike would make it across the finish line...

oh yes!

the year i did it it was pretty relaxed, there were some bikes held together with will-power.

Top Bottom