London naked cycle ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Hi, I'm looking to do this ride in June.
Any advice ?

Just enjoy it.

Make sure you have plenty of sunscreen, even if the weather isn't particularly sunny.

If you are borrowing or hiring a bike, takes a small towel or similar to put over the saddle.

The rides are generally very leisurely, so no need to worry about your fitness (if that might have been an issue).

Kingfisher101

Über Member
What's the point of it? Is it to raise awareness of the vulnerability of cyclists or to raise money for charity etc? I wouldn't do it but each to their own.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
What's the point of it? Is it to raise awareness of the vulnerability of cyclists or to raise money for charity etc? I wouldn't do it but each to their own.

It's to have a good couple of hours of laughter and fun
2018 NBR.jpg

Alex321

Veteran

A mix of things. Not raising money.

Three or so main aims.
Raise awareness of cyclist vulnerability is one of them.
Protest about over use of/ dependence on oil products.
Promoting positive body image.

Initially, the second of those was the main point, but over the years, the first has become the most important.

And yes, as @numbnuts says, a couple of hours of fun and laughter. Usually with an almost entirely positive reaction from bystanders.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'd be most worried about the pervs taking photos for later use. Or I would be if I were young and female. As a 50-something male, being used as left-handed rhythm material would be a compliment :laugh:

I follow the socials of a naturist lady and her partner who regularly does naked bike rides. Documenting a lot of them on youtube so the pervs are on camera, blatantly grabbing material for later..

These men are typically fully clothed if not masked.

Top Bottom