England : East Sussex London - Brighton veteran car run, Sunday 1 November 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Weather permitting, I'll pootle along the coast for this.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
@User, what's sort of average speed is this likely to be? FNRttC stuff, or a bit pacier? If they have vintage traction engines on the run, I might be in with a chance.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
@User, what's sort of average speed is this likely to be? FNRttC stuff, or a bit pacier? If they have vintage traction engines on the run, I might be in with a chance.
Everyone goes at their own speed. Its more fragmented then a FNR. Bear in mind that a lot of these cars are pre 1904 so you will be overtaking a few. And certainly don't be in front of one near junctions as the brakes on the contraptions are not very good at stopping. It really is a fun day. Cyclists and car drivers on the run mix very happily. It's brilliant. Don't miss it.

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Agree with the others, you'll be reet! Tiz a fun day out.

IMG_1288.JPG

IMG_1293.JPG

View attachment 107174

Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
So far there could be me and a couple of friends (weather depending ..... though some of us laugh in the face of rain ....) We'd meet at Croydon. After F+C on the sea-front we're planning to ride back to Coulsdon, are there any other takers for the return journey?

Thanks for the reminder of this Adrian. Would like to join the CC throng as, unusually, this year it does not clash with Mrs S's birthday bibulous 'brations. Must find a new route over to the A23 as have just checked southern rail and there are buses between horsham and 3 bridges - no good at all for me!

Tim Hall

Thanks for the reminder of this Adrian. Would like to join the CC throng as, unusually, this year it does not clash with Mrs S's birthday bibulous 'brations. Must find a new route over to the A23 as have just checked southern rail and there are buses between horsham and 3 bridges - no good at all for me!
I'd go via Colgate, it's somewhat quieter than the A264 and brings you out at Pease Pottage, where the CC massive sometimes stop for a wee. Alternatively, there's a (badly) signed cycle routewhich runs more or less parallel to, and north of, the railway line. The Horsham end is a bit rubbish, as @GrumpyGregry can explain. It stops (or starts depending on your POV) just off the A264 near the Frog and Nightgown. There is a logical bridleway that brings it closer to Horsham, but it's not signed as part of the route.

Top Bottom