England : East Sussex London - Brighton veteran car run, Sunday 1 November 2015

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks TIm. I know the Colgate route and it is a good option, but there are many variables. I may take something ending a little further south - between Handcross and Burgess Hill maybe.

Trickedem

Guru
I'm hoping to do this. My plan is to leave home at early o clock to ride to London for the 7am start then join the CC chat massive for the trip down to Brighton. Does anyone have a gpx or similar. I want to see if this is going to be far enough for my November Century ride.

sidevalve

Über Member
Slightly off topic but close - how many out there actually remember the old hand signals ? I wonder because I have just bought a 1925 m/cycle [ok I know - almost modern by veteran standards] but having almost been wiped out by a muppet [in a car] on a mini roundabout because 'my indicators weren't working [!!] I wonder how many know the hand signal for 'slowing down' for example or 'turning left' given from a car ? It's easier with a bike but still way too hard for most drivers it seems. Anyhow there are more classic car runs to come in summer so it might be an idea to check out exactly what some of the signs might be. It would be a shame to scream at someone "you weren't indicating mate" when actually he was.
Ho hum - just a thought.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
If I can a) get a pass and b) remember how to ride a bike any further than 3k I'm aiming to ride over to Crawley for 11:00 and then follow the vets as far as Staplefield or Slough Green or thereabouts before turning for home.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm hoping to do this. My plan is to leave home at early o clock to ride to London for the 7am start then join the CC chat massive for the trip down to Brighton. Does anyone have a gpx or similar. I want to see if this is going to be far enough for my November Century ride.
Hi Trickdem
I recorded the route for posterity last time (and my somewhat tortuous route back)!

http://ridewithgps.com/trips/3723074

Fab Foodie

Weather depending there will be a maximum of 5 of us joining:
Chris D
Paul G
Paul D
Ed W
et moi.

It's likely that I'll meet-up at Croydon station and we'll hook-up with the other 4 as we pass throug Coulsdon. Just need to identify a suitable spot:
@User does Coulsdon South Station seem a good pick-up spot*?

Insert Fnaar style innuendo here ...

Fab Foodie

Addiscombe's meeting point, just fine.
Sorry Adrian, not with you?
Assume Addiscombe is East Croydon Station? I'll see you there. Is Coulson Sth OK to pick-up the rest as we pass through (they'll be there waiting) to save them some extra mileage going up to Croydon only to pass where they just left.

Being a bit slow this morning ....

rb58

Enigma
Early weather forecasts are looking good.

Slightly off topic but close - how many out there actually remember the old hand signals ? I wonder because I have just bought a 1925 m/cycle [ok I know - almost modern by veteran standards] but having almost been wiped out by a muppet [in a car] on a mini roundabout because 'my indicators weren't working [!!] I wonder how many know the hand signal for 'slowing down' for example or 'turning left' given from a car ? It's easier with a bike but still way too hard for most drivers it seems. Anyhow there are more classic car runs to come in summer so it might be an idea to check out exactly what some of the signs might be. It would be a shame to scream at someone "you weren't indicating mate" when actually he was.
Ho hum - just a thought.
Acquire an old copy of The Highway Code?

Fab Foodie

Ho hum - just a thought.
I still get plenty of hand signals from motorists .... but they're not in the highway code ....

Top Bottom