England : London London Brompton Bicycle Christmas Ride 14th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Is there a number we can text if we are late, got lost or run over ;-)
I have CharlieB's if you don't want to disclose yours.

GM

Legendary Member
Any chance of a latecomer to join in?

Folks the the route is just under 18 miles with 14 places of interest along the way connected to the history of the Brompton Bicycle or just have Brompton in the name. The weather forecast looks like it should be dry and even sunny with a following wind for most of the ride..

Is there any mud............? :eek:

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• Brommuddie.jpg
    Brommuddie.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 41
Bonne route! During the safety talk, along with the "small hole" "hydraulic bollard" and "collapsing!" cautions that you might employ, Titus...don't forget the critical one:
:stop: "mulled wine!" :stop:
Have fun everyone, and, enjoy your purchase, Charlie! :snowball:

Thank you @AKA Bob for putting this ride together. It was indeed a ride that enlightened us all as it uncovered the whole South West London Story of Brompton from its very beginning all the way up the (Brompton) Junction.

I blogged about it here http://the5milecyclist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/all-things-bright-and-christmassy-with.html
and my pics are here https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...authkey=Gv1sRgCOaEy_qhiMfGmQE&feat=directlink

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• 10a Worlds Smallest Brommie.jpg
    10a Worlds Smallest Brommie.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 5 The Bromptonites.jpg
    5 The Bromptonites.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 18 Cosy at the Junction.jpg
    18 Cosy at the Junction.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 32

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Great pix, M.
A really fab day out on some very variable roads, some completely clogged with Christmas traffic, to say nothing of the pedestrians! At least the weather was good.
Some very interesting locations and each given a good and informed commentary by @AKA Bob, thank you!
What surprised me was the diminutive size of the factory, given the annual output.

Thank you, one and all!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Well, compared to an ordinary bicycle factory you can fit a lot more in folded ...

Some of the work is now done elsewhere.

I believe the frames are made in Wales.

While I'm on, did any of you pick up any info about the electric Brompton?

Supposed to have been imminent a couple of years ago, but all appears to have gone quiet.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Some of the work is now done elsewhere.

I believe the frames are made in Wales.

While I'm on, did any of you pick up any info about the electric Brompton?

Supposed to have been imminent a couple of years ago, but all appears to have gone quiet.

All the frames are brazed in Brentford but sent to Wales for painting!

Top Bottom