England : London London Brompton Bicycle Christmas Ride 14th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AKA Bob

Riding a folding bike far too much of the time...
Having been very impressed and inspired by Dellzeqq's Christmas ride I thought I would organise a Brompton Themed one for the owners of those bikes which share the same name.

We will be meeting at Kew Gardens London Underground Station at noon before heading off to Brentford to quickly visit the factory before going east and passing the flat that Andrew Richie sat in overlooking the Brompton Oratory as he designed the first prototype of this clever bike. Along the way we will be visiting hospitals, cemeteries, roads and even a disused Tube Station which reportedly was used to interrogate Rudolf Hess after he crashed landed in Scotland on the pretext of negotiating peace. The ride will finish around 3pm at the new flagship Brompton Junction store in Covent Garden where there will be a chance to enjoy some refreshment and maybe some mulled wine.

It should be a fun ride of about 15 miles starting at noon in Kew and finishing around 3pm in Central London. If your interested please post a reply as I need numbers for the refreshments. Please remember to bring your cash as the refreshment will need to be paid for.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I'm up for this one, T, please.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Brompton Junction have kindly agreed to cater for us and will be providing hot drinks, mince pies and selection of sandwiches for £5.50 per person which I think is quite reasonable.

I need to know numbers by Wednesday so they can cater for the correct number of people.

If my cunning plan comes off there might even be a Brompton Santa!

AKA Hotlips

Brompton Junction have kindly agreed to cater for us and will be providing hot drinks, mince pies and selection of sandwiches for £5.50 per person which I think is quite reasonable.

I need to know numbers by Wednesday so they can cater for the correct number of people.

As you know David and I will be coming on your ride. We're looking forward to it and going back to the Junction for the 3rd time. It's becoming a home away from home!

@AKA Bob

Me too please! @redfalo Whoop Whoop I have just put dynamo lights on the Brommie! Huzzahhhh!!! http://the5milecyclist.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/parcels-and-packages-wrapped-up-with.html

Mice :hello:

Attachments

• upload_2013-12-9_23-5-42.png
    upload_2013-12-9_23-5-42.png
    62.7 KB · Views: 42

StuartG

slower but further
Weather looks so-so and if it gushes we can always Brompton the Tube. That's wot them made for ... so put me down please.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

This could be a very costly day for me. Brommie no. 2 has been designed on the Brompton bike builder page and is ready to order…

…all it may take is a glass too many of mulled wine.

Charlie before you order anything or drink any mulled wine speak to me as I can get you 20% discount on a new bike.

OP
OP
AKA Bob

AKA Bob

Folks the the route is just under 18 miles with 14 places of interest along the way connected to the history of the Brompton Bicycle or just have Brompton in the name. The weather forecast looks like it should be dry and even sunny with a following wind for most of the ride.

It looks like we will have 'Fold' of 18 for tomorrows ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom