London Bus Driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

idlecyclist

I've been using a cam for a few weeks, not intending to post anything, its just for my own record.

But then this happend.

The Driver of a London Bus overtakes me and immediately cuts in front of me. Nothing unusual about that, its an everyday part of cycling in London unfortunately. I would'nt have done anything with this footage except I was amazed by his response when I asked him why he did what he did.

Its tricky to hear, but what was said was:
I ask him "Why did he overtake and immediately pull in" He says
"Do i need to look?"
I replied "of course you need to look". (infact i say this a few times)
His response was "Why do i need to look, i was giving an indication"

At this point the traffic behind was begining to get impatiant, so i left cycled off.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_4EENjrePE

akb

Veteran
Report it. No reason for him to overtake you in that situation.

Kookas

Über Member
We get paid to be late :headshake:

Never heard of that, why do they do that then?

markharry66

Über Member
"Never heard of that, why do they do that then". Work hours, and put up with pricks all day. Hard job, most of bus drivers I encounter are good drivers. Like anything you get the exception this seems to be one.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
"Never heard of that, why do they do that then". Work hours, and put up with pricks all day. Hard job, most of bus drivers I encounter are good drivers. Like anything you get the exception this seems to be one.

Agree that some passengers (and even other drivers) are causing issues fro bus drivers.... not that its an excuse for such a poor overtake ..hard to tell from the video but looks very brake-testy to me.

Kookas

Über Member

No, I was just wondering why they get paid to be late. Unless he meant they don't lose wages for it.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
The guy's an idiot. That was right on the corner of my old street from many years ago, when I first moved to London, Philbeach Gardens. Ah.............

Soup890

Crazy
When I use to go on buses to get to work i was so depressed. I felt dirty, lazy, and unfit.

It use to take me 2 hours by bus.

Thank god somebody recommend cycling to me.

It's now takes me on average 45mins

When I see buses pass me I say to myself never again I'm I paying £8.50 for a day pass or £80 a month for a late service.

Top Bottom