London Calling.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twelve Spokes

Time to say goodbye again...
peoples-bike.gif

London Cyclist

11531904-127-640x497.jpg

Country Cyclist.

Only beent to London once on the bike in the Finchely/ Barnet area, definitely not a qualified experience but the driving left a lot to be desired. Just inside the M25 on a wide straight road, a leafy area; a woman was coming towards me on the other side of the road on a horse. She was a bit away hence there was ample room and a car just about drove into the back of her; she couldn't believe it either.

Also, I was going to a party and arrived a bit early so went for a bimble round the block passing a supermarket I met a bit of a queue of vehicles and filtered through very slowly into the gap. About 2 secs after I was in the gap almost stationery a car came straight into the side of me.

On the plus side only the wheel was piggled and it was a great party and I borrowed a super wheel we all cycled out of London the next day and things were fine :becool:

Twelve Spokes

[QUOTE 2912117, member: 1314"]How'd it happen?[/quote]

In heavy traffic probably helped by the tube strike.In the rugby scrum of Aldgate he stopped suddenly because he was looking for a side street which he eventually went down.Parked van on left and car on right leaving me nowhere to go couldn't stop in the wet.It was weird and I think there is more to it than meets the eye.Oh well it happens.Posted it in today's commute.Disappointed really but I guess I should move on.

That was pretty horrendous last night.(with the wind and rain).Also think the forks may be damaged.

Twelve Spokes

[QUOTE 2912171, member: 1314"]s***e![/quote]

That's what I say though.I look at dodgy bits of road and treat them more warily.Aldgate has never impressed me eastbound as they always cut from the right without looking.Don't know why the learner moped rider f-cked off though.It was one of those with the black box on the back (for pizzas or delivery?) No markings of any company and I didn't get the reg as I didn't think he was just going to disappear.

Doesn't that mean I win on away goals?:whistle:

Last edited:
Top Bottom