London CC Christmas Drinks: Friday 14 December, The Stage Door Pub, Waterloo.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Thanks User for organising, and the hugs. I dropped my thermal buff on the floor and it was rescued by Michael who placed it on the bar where I subsequently found it. Frank must have left by then.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Just popping in briefly to say, it was great to see you all there- shame I didn't get round to speaking to everyone- I had a comfy seat and was a little loathe to prop up the bar!

Glad the cakes went down well and really happy to see some people I haven't seen for years.

Got to go- have 40gb of images to edit down and process!

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
I'm guessing that Miranda hasn't fully sussed out her new military spec camera is the reason no pictures have yet been posted. I took a few.

SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0059.jpg

SAM_0065.jpg

SAM_0063.jpg

SAM_0055.jpg

mistral

Guru
I'm glad I was able to make it, if only for a short while. Another fine User production.

Good to see some of the regular (Friday's) folk and meet some new faces.

Thanks to everyone I had the pleasure of being on a ride with through the year, looking forward to many more miles with you in 2013.

I wish all CC'ers well for the festive season and if I don't see you on the Windows and Death ride, a Happy New Year too!

It is true. Cycle Chat and The Friday peeps are as fab off their bikes as they are on them. Hilarious evening, absolutely hilarious.

By the time I arrived the party was rocking. User1314 was being the perfect host, the laughter, the chatting, the catching up with peeps not seen for too long - brilliant! And there was Cake!! ttcycle they were awesome.

Great to see everyone although there were quite a few people missing particularly those for whom London is not exactly local and I won't mention any names (TeeeeeeeeeeCeeeeeeeee :cry: )!! but it was a good party for those who live a little closer. I havent seen Gaz for ages, AlanL since LonJoG, and I havent seen AnythingbutVanilla since goodness knows when. Also fabulously saw Big Michael, Tall Martin, Tim Decker , Frank9755, Wanda101, Ianrauk, AKA Bob, Flying Dodo, RebeccaOlds, Davy Walnuts, Mistral and CharlieB - fantastic, especially as he is on a stick at the moment with a fractured femur.:bravo: And there were Allsopps!Tempting to do a roll call but better not in case I forget someone! :wacko:

Most importantly though there were Their Leggships without whom this merry band of kind peeps would not be the group that it is. We owe you both big time. Also and somewhat unsurprisingly you both look as cool in civvies as you do in Lycra. That reminds me, several times I heard others introduce themselves which was followed by the cycling mantra "oh I didnt recognise you wearing clothes"!!

It was a really great night. I met Mrs Tim Decker and MacB. Gail Grant and I had a competition as to whether we could get our hands around Davywalnuts biceps and triceps!! ^_^ User1314 was positively parallel by about 10pm - his party had taken off.:cheers: It was such a great night in fact that just as we were leaving at the very end, I was asked whether I was ok to ride my Scooter home!!! :laugh: As a tee-totaller I found that the funniest thing (understatement I was roaring with laughter!)! I often say I get completely rat-arsed on atmosphere and clearly I was!

My pics are probably the worse ones I have ever taken and there are far too many of me (Arallsopp we need to talk!) https://picasaweb.google.com/108733...&authkey=Gv1sRgCOrtw6TRroG4UA&feat=directlink

Thank you everyone I had a blast and wish you all (whether you were there or not) a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I hope that 2013 is full of happy times - cycling and otherwise.:hello:

Mice :snowball::santa: :bicycle:

Attachments

• Hokey Cokey.jpg
    Hokey Cokey.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 52
  • Grants and Allsopp.jpg
    Grants and Allsopp.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Cheers Crock of  Gold.jpg
    Cheers Crock of Gold.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 57
Top Bottom