London Commuter Routes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NFrancis

Hi,

I'm a University student researching cycle commuting in London. The only problem is that I'm not overly familiar with London, let alone commuting in London.

I was wondering whether people could provide me with their commuter route or simply some of the routes which are popular for cyclists moving in and out of the city? Do they correspond with the Superhighways, or are there other routes?

Please enlighten me!

Thanks a lot,

Nick

Asprilla

Currently: pop out of Richmond Park at Roehampton Gate, down Priory Lane and then right on Upper Richmond Road, first left onto Rocks Lane which I follow to Hammersmith. Lots of cyclists on this section of my route with them dispersing at Hammersmith Gyratory.

From next Monday, pop out of Richmond Park at Roehampton Gate, down Priory Lane and then right on Upper Richmond Road. Bare left onto Queens Ride (over Bolan Death Bridge) and onto Lower Richmond Road. Left over Putney Bridge and first right onto New Kings Road. Keep going until Edith Grove and then turn onto Cheyne Walk and the Embankment. Probably one of the busiest cycle routes into London from the south west. I think there is a cycle super highway on embankment now, but it was a very busy route even before that.

OP
OP
N

NFrancis

Good question - I'd been following cycling in London for some time before I chose to do my dissertation. I think the current developments for cycling in the city are both exciting and interesting to study. As a qualifier, I'm relatively familiar with central London, just not commuters and commuting hence why I'm interested in the routes people are taking to get to the centre of the city.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
my advice would be to go to Kennington Oval at 6.30 in the morning and watch...........

Top Bottom