London Sightseer Audax anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Trikebeard

That sounds like a plan!
My route to Southend is Cambridge, Sawston, Ickleton, Saffron Waldon, Thaxted, Great Dunmow, Ford End, Great Waltham, BroomField, Chelmsford, Great Baddow, Howe Green, East Hanningfield, Rettendon, BattlesBridge, Hockley, Rochford, Southend annnnnnnd Thorpe Bay!

He he, It looks like quite a jaunt when you look at it like that! :ohmy:
Where did you want to jump in?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Trikebeard said:
That sounds like a plan!
My route to Southend is Cambridge, Sawston, Ickleton, Saffron Waldon, Thaxted, Great Dunmow, Ford End, Great Waltham, BroomField, Chelmsford, Great Baddow, Howe Green, East Hanningfield, Rettendon, BattlesBridge, Hockley, Rochford, Southend annnnnnnd Thorpe Bay!

He he, It looks like quite a jaunt when you look at it like that! :biggrin:
Where did you want to jump in?
Ah, I had temporarily forgotten the location of Cambridge vs Southend, thinking you'd be coming down via Ipswich for some bizarre reason.

I'd probably have to come across to Chelmsford and go from there although I've not explored that way yet. I'm not back in the country till 15th June so you might have made your trip before then anyway.

OP
OP
T

Trikebeard

I wish i could be out on the trike today, the weather is fantastic! But here i am stuck at work, and my laptops hard drive broke yesterday, so thats gone for 7 working days! Aarrrrghhhh! Well at least i have the internet here! :sad:

Well it looks like my trip to southend is going to be next Friday going down and Monday coming back up. I'll be leaving Cambridge quite early around 0700, and should arrive in Southend mid afternoon. I'll have my phone on me(PM me for the number), and if you fancy joining in at somepoint it would be great to have the company!

Lets just hope this great weather holds! :biggrin:

dataretriever

ok, i've had a gentle day at work so was trying to work out what to take. In addition to the normal multi tool, minipump and spare tube..

2 more tubes, larger pump instead of the mini, 3 litre camelbak and spare water, a-z, waterproof top, sweets. That's as far as i got.

Anyone done this before and or got any ideas?

Chonker

Veteran
Not long now, how's the training going? I've not managed to get out on mine recently and probably wont between now and then as I've got an interview to prepare for on friday and an exam next tuesday so this really is going to be a shock to the system!

As far as stuff, I was going to try not to take lots of it, I usually end up loading up my radical pod bags and regretting it!

Did you get the routesheet yet? That's a bit daunting, I don't really know my way around london and havn't the best sense of direction!

Chonker

Veteran
Heh, well 'preparations' is probably a better term. I've been trying to build up my mileage with longer runs but just not finding time to do it ;)

Top Bottom