London to Brighton 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Don't worry about being slow There are so many people on the ride you'll be going slow most of the way, and walking a good amount as it slows to a stop. As Delzeqq said above, if you want a good London to Brighton charity ride go for the FNRttC Marletts run in September.

I just read the first page and was going to say exactly the same thing Ross! :smile:
Yeh - Martlets - way to go. A nice wholesome experience. Big enough to matter and small enough to care.
Whatever you choose - it will be fun.

ian_oli

Über Member
Another way to ride L2B and back is an Audax event new for this year on 24th July called the Ditchling Devil ( see http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/11-888/). From Richmond Park to Brighton and back. It's organised by the estimable Willesden Cycling Club (OK I'm its touring and audax secretary) with the aim of getting people who have maybe done L2B one way, to step up to the longer distance. Hoped for numbers will be in the low hundreds so plenty of company but no overcrowding.

3 very different events going roughly the same way, one of the great things about cycling.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I didnt know you could take bikes (not folding ones) on a train :blush:
are the rides suitables for all levels?

Be aware that if you are doing the L2B then they do not allow bikes on trains from Brighton back to London on that day.

Hi Ian yes I was aware of that, and this is why I was questioning how cyclists got back home- but i though thye were never allowed. My family will be waiting for me in Brighton for a nice pub lunch and a lift back home :thumbsup:

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
My friend did the Martletts ride last year, I was broken at the time so couldn't join her. Will defo be doing it this year.
I'm also doing the C2C again... Much the same ride as the L2B but a lot less riders & grief (as mentioned a lot of L2B'rs have little cycling experience
, after being knocked off my bike in 3 L2B's -on 1 ride it was 6 times! by people who had no idea how to ride in a group I won't be doing one again)

Im loosing enthusiasm now :wacko: it's my first organised bike ride and didnt want to do something too demanding or out of my depth. I hope I enjoy it and that I dont fall! :biggrin:

I didnt know about the C2C thanks for that I m seriously considering it now, the only thing is that Im happy to pay for the registration but I am not keen /good on foundraising. It looks like you have to raise £200 on top of you registration fee...

thanks

JohnHenry

Loose member.
Hey don't be discouraged - it is a great day out and raises a humungous amount for charity. I'm doing it this year in memory of my wife and haven't done it since 1993 so MIGHT be a little out of practice. May see you there - I'll be the sweaty one -- out of breath and walking up Ditchling! :tongue:

Im loosing enthusiasm now :wacko: it's my first organised bike ride and didnt want to do something too demanding or out of my depth. I hope I enjoy it and that I dont fall! :biggrin:

I didnt know about the C2C thanks for that I m seriously considering it now, how much is it?

thanks

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
ok it'll be the two of us walking up the hill :thumbsup:

And about 20,000 others...
thumbsup.png

Seriously there are so many people on the ride that riding up Ditchling is near impossible anyway.

Top Bottom