England : London London to Brighton Sunday 29th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A few of the Herts guys, @jayonabike & @toptom expressed an interest in doing London to Brighton run.
So here it is.

Plan is Jay and the guys will get the train from Hemel Hempstead to London Euston then make the 13 or so miles across London to meet me and whoever else in Croydon for 9am with arrival hopefully in Brighton for 1pm ish

We will follow the Veteran Car/Historic vehicle route to Brighton. Which means the A23 all the way to Crawley, Pease Pottage, Handcross, Staplefield, Cuckfield, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Clayton. Joining the A23 bike path at Pyecombe for the ride in to Brighton for fish and chips on the beach. So fast main road riding for most of it.

From Euston it's about 60 miles, from Croydon about 13 less.
I am planning this on being a quite fast ride. With just stops to regroup and perhaps a coffee/snack in Crawley.

Return will be via Devils Dyke (sorry Ross) to Handcross, Pease Pottage and back on the A23 to Croydon and London. Means for a bit of country lane riding on the way back.

So it will be me.
@jayonabike
@toptom
James
@CharlieB
@Michael Adu
@lilolee

Maybe's
Adrian
Adamski

Downloadable routes HERE

Last edited:

toptom

Cool that sounds great il speak to James and see if he can make it

just checkin Spuik ! :o)

I am a possible.

OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Downloadable Euston to Brighton route HERE (tweaked route)
Downloadable Brighton to Euston route HERE

Meeting place in Croydon will be at Geoffrey Butler Cycles at the 12 and half mile mark from Euston.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ianrauk

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
[QUOTE 3132761, member: 30090"]Ta Ian.

Just done parts of this ride today being down to Brighton and back before the madness tomorrow. First time back though Devils Dyke to Handcross.

Going up and over Devils Dyke is a ok I thought but the climb up to Handcross is a ball breaker, after this it's fairly easy.[/QUOTE]

Yup, that nasty little kick before Handcross has been renamed @MacB hill :-)

Top Bottom