England : East Sussex London to Brighton Veteran Cars Run, Sunday 5 November

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rb58

Enigma
If I'm not at HPC by, say, 07:15, don't wait. I'll either head to Westminster Bridge or catch you up. A lot depends on how my knee behaves on the journey in.

Cakes have been brought all ready for tomorrow at Hayward’s Heath Rugby Club Car Park

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Due to questionable values of employment, just ramming the last few items into my suitcase.... the 1125 to Madrid beckons.

Whilst that may seem the glamour option, I’d much rather be heading to HPC.

Have a good day y’all!
FF

Last edited:

siadwell

Guru
Chapeau to anyone doing this on an old bike!
Shortly after this chap was another penny farthing with the rider still on.

Attachments

• IMG_2178.JPG
    IMG_2178.JPG
    227.3 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Having breakfast in Affogato.

Enjoy.
Lucky you!
Rammed plane here about to go. :-/

U

User10571

Chapeau to anyone going this on an old bike!
Shortly after this was another penny farthing with the rider still on.
That looks very much like it could be Joff Summerfield.
Or someone cashing in on Joff's trademark pith helmet.

rb58

Enigma
A cracking day out, chilly start, but warmed up nicely. I'm gutted to have missed the cake (sorry @Nigel182), but a dodgy knee had me turning for home after breakfast. I opted for the A23 option - all the way to Westminster - and was amazed at how many old crocks were coming down the A23 on the 'old route'. They seem to have been coming out of a side turning after Merstham, so my guess is they didn't fancy Reigate Hill and cut across country there. Hats off to the penny farthing riders, the guy on the very early 'Safety' and the chap on the bone shaker - the first of those I've seen in the flesh. A Throughly Marvellous Day - definitely one of the best on the calendar. And thanks to @User for keeping the arrangements loose enough in keeping with the overall event. On top of it all, that's November's century in the bag too.

A cracking day out, chilly start, but warmed up nicely. I'm gutted to have missed the cake (sorry @Nigel182), but a dodgy knee had me turning for home after breakfast. I opted for the A23 option - all the way to Westminster - and was amazed at how many old crocks were coming down the A23 on the 'old route'. They seem to have been coming out of a side turning after Merstham, so my guess is they didn't fancy Reigate Hill and cut across country there. Hats off to the penny farthing riders, the guy on the very early 'Safety' and the chap on the bone shaker - the first of those I've seen in the flesh. A Throughly Marvellous Day - definitely one of the best on the calendar. And thanks to @User for keeping the arrangements loose enough in keeping with the overall event. On top of it all, that's November's century in the bag too.

No worries glad you had a good one don't worry @topcat1 ate your one as well as his :whistle:

Top Bottom