London to brighton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nosherduke996

nosherduke996

Miserable baste-wards !

Rebel Ian

Me! But ater requesting a 0630 start we've been stuffed with 0800 :smile:. Last year we didn't get through the start until 0820 despite being in the line at 0715. Consequently we could have walked the first 20 miles quicker!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The BHF ride, more power to your elbows; three of my b-i-ls are doing it, two of them on MY bikes! But I'll take a rain check :ohmy:

rb58

Enigma
I'm doing it. 6.00am start and planning to get there at 5.30am to try and get towards the front to miss the traffic. Riding to the start and back home afterwards too.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
So you will home by 8.30am then :wacko:

rb58 said:
I'm doing it. 6.00am start and planning to get there at 5.30am to try and get towards the front to miss the traffic. Riding to the start and back home afterwards too.

rb58

Enigma
ianrauk said:
So you will home by 8.30am then ;)

Will do my best.

Any other early starters want to ride back with me? Trying to decide whether to go over the Ashdown Forest, or round it.

Tynan

Veteran
too many people the one I did it three years ago, spent as much time time standing waiting as riding

dnrc

Veteran
I'll be there, although i have an 8am start which i hear isn't a good thing.

But whatever, should be a good day out and an excuse to go to the pub at the end!

StuartG

slower but further
dellzeqq said:
an all day ban on bikes across most of the south coast, and a ban right across Southern up until midday
I wonder how they plan to enforce that at stations not run by Southern (like mine) and I've never seen a guard on my line any Sunday to stop me ...

richardj5

I'm on a 0600 start as well, plan to arrive about 0530, which means the alarm going off 0300! The other half is not impressed as she's dropping me off then heading down to Brighton.

First time for me, I'm quite excited, but nervous as well, I've been training for a couple of months, the longest ride I have done is about 45 miles so I think I should be OK, it's fear of the unknown, I'm sure I'll be OK though.

Have fun everyone

Rebel Ian

It's a great fun ride. So many people is a pain to start with but great once it thins out, albeit that might take a few miles. Turners Hill is a bit steep and Ditchling is a pig, not helped by the fact that you are competing with space on the road with the 90% of people who walk up. Bon chance.

Top Bottom