London to Hastings this April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
churchill-small.jpg

Saturday April 16th or 30th, tbd.

82 miles. It'll take all day.

hillsprofile.gif

I can't promise Mad Jack will be there again. I can only promise the same hills as the last time.

madjack1.jpg

Although it's not about the destination, Hastings offers a warm welcome to all comers.

Hastingsdrunk.jpg

Interested? Please email me: london2hastings@gmail.com

Am definitely interested in this Uncle Sam. Would like to turn left, not right, at Pevensey in order to complete what I failed to do last year - ride into Hastings!

mmmmartin

Random geezer
because it looks like this:
http://bit.ly/22YgZmM

it's a fast, 70mph (+) dual carriageway with no hard shoulder, busy at all times of the day. Used for time trialling at 7am on a summer Sunday but apart from that I've never seen a cyclist on it. @anothersam has a better route. But it is impossible to avoid:
  1. the North Downs
  2. various other hills near Sevenoaks such as Toys Hill

mmmmartin

Random geezer
if you're in That London you might want to avoid the crowded streets of south London and get a train to maybe Tonbridge, from where it is quite easy to find a route on empty, flat roads on perfect tarmac through very pretty villages, some of which, I am told, contain sweet pubs selling some of the best ale on the planet. Just sayin'.

Tin Pot

Guru
Did you do your ride? If so, what route did you take?

No I didn't, sadly. Not sure when, but I need to fit a couple of big rides in soon.

Partly...because a buddy bailed, partly because of an afternoon commitment, partly because of previous experience with untried routes - you always end up pissing about, and I just want to hammer out the miles.

So, a lot of excuses - Not a lot of riding to Hastings!

Top Bottom