England : East Sussex London to Hastings this April

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Accepting tentative declarations of interest for the next London to Hastings ride. More details to follow, but date can now be released: April 22nd, with the 15th as raincheck date, time's arrow be damned.

In other news, my Valentine's Day card was just delivered

FGClQlo.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Last year's crew

CPPC.jpg

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
This is what I get for trying to be clever: a rapid fall to earth.

The effect, I believe, is the same, once the logic of the statement is addressed – bearing in mind that I place little faith in weather forecasts.

To clear things up: I have two dates open, the 15th and the 22nd. I’m waiting to hear back from people on the mailing list to see which date has better promise for a bigger yield before deciding.

That being said, my personal preference is the 22nd, but as I only have these two dates, I’m tempted to suggest the 15th so there can indeed be a raincheck day. I’m not doing this in the rain, unless it promises to be very light & fleeting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
London to Hastings is increasingly a misnomer, but that's OK. Thank you Adrian, Claud, Nigel and Stu from this parish for your company (and Martin of the many m's for establishing a beachhead at the Velo House) on what turned into a very fine day. If anybody does a ride report I'd be obliged if you could send me a link to post here, or if you're on FB you could DIY.

owgBEwd.jpg

Top Bottom