London to Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Am organizing a ride to Paris with the club, we are going via Newhaven Diepe, Looks to be 20+ going. has anyone done this with this amount of people. is there anything i should look out for, we are doing this unsupported to keep the cost down. Is it better to do a group booking for the ferry, or let everyone get there own ticket. any advice would be welcome, i have until April to sort it out. we have a route sorted.

toffee

Guru
Don't know if it is true but I have read that there are limits on how many cyclists they take on each crossing.

When we did it in March last year other than the two of us there were only two other cyclists.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Make sure to enjoy the cider when you stop for lunch etc. If you take the overnight ferry you can reach Paris the same day you arrive in Dieppe. If you decide to take two days then Vernon has a F1 hotel for a cheap overnight.

Don't know if it is true but I have read that there are limits on how many cyclists they take on each crossing.

When we did it in March last year other than the two of us there were only two other cyclists.
I'm pretty sure there were at least 20 bikes when I crossed in June a couple of years ago. As we all leant our bikes against the railings, there were room for more.

Still, call their group booking number and ask some preliminary questions. It's likely you will save some money doing it as a group (just get the money first, or you will end up paying for the no-shows)

MichaelO

Veteran
There were more than 20 on the ferry when I did it last June - one group was certainly 15+ strong. We left Surrey early on Friday am, took the boat at 8am-ish, stayed 40 miles short of Paris on night one. Day two was a ride into Paris for lunch, and then turned around. Stayed 50 miles short of Dieppe on night 2, and then road to catch the midday ferry on the Sunday (it was pretty much all downhill to Dieppe!). Got home late afternoon on the Sunday - 320 miles in total - great trip!

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
There were more than 20 on the ferry when I did it last June - one group was certainly 15+ strong. We left Surrey early on Friday am, took the boat at 8am-ish, stayed 40 miles short of Paris on night one. Day two was a ride into Paris for lunch, and then turned around. Stayed 50 miles short of Dieppe on night 2, and then road to catch the midday ferry on the Sunday (it was pretty much all donhill to Dieppe!). Got home late afternoon on the Sunday - 320 miles in total - great trip!
This sounds good to me, will have to look into that one.

Top Bottom