London to Walton-on-the Naze and Harwich - 3/4/5 or 6th August

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
About 100 miles, mostly on byways. Early start preferred. There may be a small boat involved. I can do this on any of the days above, so, if you're free, let me know.

iLB

Hello there
3 or 4th looks good for me :rolleyes:

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Can I join you for the last bit?

Care for a cuppa on our yacht when you get to Walton?

We'll be out sailing on one of those days (not sure which) but I should be able to sneak out from the In-Laws for a quick cycle ride, I'm sure!

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
(thinks hard about going for another ride with ilovebikes without bungee straps, attachment to seatpost for)

good. Monday or Tuesday is good, and the forecast for Tuesday is clear. Let's say Tuesday 4th provisionally...

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Auntie Helen said:
Can I join you for the last bit?

Care for a cuppa on our yacht when you get to Walton?
love to. I've got to find a hairdresser's in Walton, and you might be able to help me.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
right opposite Woolworths, apparently. Used to be a bakers. Do you know of The Dutch House?

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Actually I've only visited Walton proper twice, and both times in the last 3 weeks. We usually just go to the Marina which is to the west of the town. These recent two times were just cycling through, as well, so despite living only 15 miles from Walton and knowing the Marina well, my insider knowledge of the town and its hairdressers and Dutch Houses is hopeless!

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Wednesday's weather forecast is looking rather better than Tuesday's (which is a trifle rainy) but I don't trust the forecasts for this part of the world, they are so often wrong; it used to be far more reliable when we lived in Tonbridge.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
Forecasts have all improved now!

It looks like we're sailing on Monday 3rd (Uncle James's birthday) so I should be around on Tuesday 4th if that's when you come, and if you can cope with going as slowly as I require. Although I have sped up a bit recently.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
as early as you like - you're the one that has to come up to town (although I don't mind meeting you along the route).

There is an advantage to not getting to Aldgate before 7 - that's when the bus lanes up to Romford kick in.

You decide.

I should say that this is a recce ride - so there may be some faffing around as we look at maps.

Top Bottom