London to Wootton Bassett and back again

Which date would you be able to make?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok my Garmin is being retired!! Well sold off to some mug fortunate person with a sense of adventure!!!!
whistling.gif

We also need to come up with a competition that will see regular awards of the Armwarmers Cup!!

Forgot about that! A prize for the Most Popular Thread in 'Charity Rides' perhaps? :whistle: :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Did the photo of Davy, looking like he'd just exited the flying saucer, ever get published... or was it considered too frightening for children of all ages? (It was taken after Martin and Luke sailed past the big sign saying 'Dead End', because their Garmins said it was ok) :smile:

Not published per se, but keeping one's eyes top left around the 2:07 mark will yield some satisfaction. I'd post the original, but either the focus on my camera didn't like staring into the twin suns of Davy's hat, or my giggling shakes put it off. Here's an artists impression, instead :smile:

5901087070_5545ccba0f.jpg

:smile: A dead ringer, sensible in appearance... not so much 'ET - come home' more 'DW - F off'.

Your drawing made me think about why I found Davy's appearance funny, but it obviously goes back to the days when I used to eat proper food "Smash!"

smash_robot.png

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
How much easier it would have been to do it today!! We wouldn't have had to be at Stonehenge till gone 7.30am!!! Here.

They are probably wondering where Mr Marmite is!!!

Well, I wish this thread a 'Happy Anniversary' - I have screwed up because I would normally have bimbled to the 'Land of Puff' tonight..poxy work! :cursing:
For some reason, I had the 25th pencilled in...idiot.

Edit: And the plan for this year was for Andy A to make contact with Dauntseys and we would ride out to them, and accompany a peloton to Stonehenge for the sun up. And then take the road back with them, continuing to WB and then reliving the loveliness of the 'diversion to Marlborough'.^_^

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Well I'm finishing up work for the night in about 30 mins... Technically, I could still make it out there in time. Don't think I will though, this time around. It wouldn't be the same without the "can he pass his own bodyweight before sunrise" Walnut spectacular.

Well I'm finishing up work for the night in about 30 mins... Technically, I could still make it out there in time. Don't think I will though, this time around. It wouldn't be the same without the "can he pass his own bodyweight before sunrise" Walnut spectacular.
Yes, a sort of '64cm exlaxed' moment or two...
Damn. Sorry 'Teef. You're right. I should have sorted that. Remiss of me. Apologies.
Don't worry - my fault for trusting myself - it will not happen again. Our kindness of though will tide them over and make it more worthwhile next time. Why - we could all have been bonding (or dissolving) under the Scotch sun instead, and Dauntseys would have had to wait anyway
Sunday is Midsummer's Day apparently - one second shorter than today, but there's an app. to make it seem longer if it is troubling...
Soul Sisters.
Not Midsomer but...
Roses are of special importance on Midsummer's Eve. It is said that any rose picked on Midsummer's Eve, or Midsummer's Day will keep fresh until Christmas.
except if they are made by Cadburys.

Top Bottom