London X League 2012/13 season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
A few dates for the diary...
http://www.londonxleague.co.uk/news/

Cyclo-cross dates for the 2012/13 season.
A brief outline of dates including the London and South East Cyclo Cross League with a more detailed calendar to follow.
29 August 2012 Open Event – South London Go-Cross League #1 – Bethlam Royal Hospital
05 September 2012 Open Event – South London Go-Cross League #2 – Herne Hill Velodrome
12 September 2012 Open Event – South London Go-Cross League #3 – Bethlam Royal Hospital
16 September 2012 LL Rd 1 – Fowlmead CC – Fowlmead Country Park, Betteshanger, Near Deal, Kent
19 September 2012 Open Event – South London Go-Cross League #4 – Herne Hill Velodrome
23 September 2012 LL Rd 2 – Lee Valley Youth CC – Redbridge Cycle Centre (Hog Hill)
30 September 2012 LL Rd 3/Sussex League Rd 1 – Preston Park Youth CC
07 October 2012 LL Rd 4 – Arctic Premier RT/Herne Hill Youth CC – Herne Hill Stadium
14 October 2012 LL Rd 5 – Charlotteville CC – Guildford Spectrum
21 October 2012 LL Rd 6 – VC Deal – Fowlmead Country Park, Betteshanger, Near Deal, Kent Richard Wood
27 October 2012 Open Event – Muddy Hell Cyclo-Cross – Herne Hill Stadium
28 October 2012 Open Event – Rapha Super Cross – Alexanrda Palace
04 November 2012 LL Rd 7/Sussex League Rd 2 – Brighton Excelsior/VC Jubilee – Stanmer Park, Brighton
11 November 2012 No Event – Protected Date
18 November 2012 LL Rd 8 – San Fairy Ann CC – Reed Court Farm, Chainshurst, Near Maidstone
25 November 2012 LL Rd 9 – London Phoenix – Gunpowder Park Stuart Lockyear
02 December 2012 LL Rd 10 – Addiscombe CC – Penshurst Off Road Cycling – Grove Road, Penshurst, Kent.
09 December 2012 Regional Championships
16 December 2012 Available Date
22 December 2012 Open Event – ViCiOUS Velo Double Cross – Herne Hill Stadium
23 December 2012 LL Rd 11 – VC Londres – Herne Hill Stadium
27 December 2012 LL Rd 12 – Gemini BC – Footscray Outdoor Activity Centre – Footscray, Sidcup, Kent
01 January 2012 Open Event – VCL Madison Cross – Herne Hill Stadium
06 January 2013 Available Date
12/13 January 2013 No Event – Protected Date
20 January 2013 LL Rd 13 -Team Darenth – Wilmington School
27 January 2013 Available Date
03 February 2013 Available Date
10 February 2013 London Team Champs (incorporating Sussex League Rd 3) – Crawley Wheelers – Haywards Heath
I'm determined to actually make it to at least a few of these races this year. As usual, it will depend on finding races that a) I can get to easily, and b) don't clash with my son's rugby calendar...

d.

VamP

Banned
I was busily transcribing all dates from the BC site last week...

I'm probably going to mix and match London, Central and Eastern Leagues depending on location and my time availability. At the moment it's hanging in the balance if my tendon will be strong enough for the first race of the season, but if yes I might see you in Deal :smile: love the course there.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Yup, see you in Deal! I've got the 16th pencilled into my diary...

Having never entered a proper CX race before, I'm also quite keen to get along to one of the South London pre-season open events (http://www.vcl.org.uk/cross/) for a taster, but they're on a Wednesday evening and it depends on being able to get out of work on time.

d.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Some new venues there for this season by the look of it. I'll probably just do a few central league events this year but that's a useful list- if there's a suitable gap I might enter the odd one.

VamP

Banned
The go
Yup, see you in Deal! I've got the 16th pencilled into my diary...

Having never entered a proper CX race before, I'm also quite keen to get along to one of the South London pre-season open events (http://www.vcl.org.uk/cross/) for a taster, but they're on a Wednesday evening and it depends on being able to get out of work on time.

d.

the go cross events should be good value and great fun, and I would be definitely all over them if I didn't have injury issues

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
The VCL go-cross events at Herne Hill are a good introduction- but if you can't make those then a local league race isn't really that different- the contenders will be out of the way within the first 30 seconds and you can settle into your own race after that.

Alternatively the Rapha Muddy Hell 'cross event (27th Oct) usually has a go-race category event just before the senior/vet/womens race I think. That event is nuts though- fancy dress 'cross in the dark.

Howard

Is Muddy Hell now sponsored by Rapha?

Muddy Hell was my introduction to 'cross. It was...intense. The Rapha event on the 28th might be a slightly more chilled out introduction :smile:

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
More info about the Rapha Super Cross Series...
http://www.rapha.cc/super-cross?locale=UK&utm_source=buffer&buffer_share=00f1c

Sounds like it could be lots of fun.

Raymonda

I went to the Rapha event at Ally pally last year as a spectator and it was a fantastic afternoon. Even if you don't want to ride then it is still a great place to visit.

VamP

Banned
Three more sleeps to the season opener :addict:

Who we going to see there?

My tendon feels fine, so I will be there for sure, bringing up the rear no doubt...

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I thought for a while that I wasn't going to be able to go to Fowlmead on Sunday because my son had a rugby game scheduled, but it's been bumped back a week to the 23rd so now I don't have an excuse...

I didn't manage to get along to any of the GoCross events though, and I'm slightly wary of throwing myself in at the deep end, but I can't keep putting this off - I've got to do it, haven't I? See you there on Sunday! (I'll be on the bianchi-blue singlespeed Felt.)

Slightly disappointed in myself that I haven't got round to sending off the affiliation forms yet, so it's probably too late now to get my name listed in the official results for Sunday. On the other hand, that's probably just as well! ^_^

d.

VamP

Banned
I thought for a while that I wasn't going to be able to go to Fowlmead on Sunday because my son had a rugby game scheduled, but it's been bumped back a week to the 23rd so now I don't have an excuse...

I didn't manage to get along to any of the GoCross events though, and I'm slightly wary of throwing myself in at the deep end, but I can't keep putting this off - I've got to do it, haven't I? See you there on Sunday! (I'll be on the bianchi-blue singlespeed Felt.)

Slightly disappointed in myself that I haven't got round to sending off the affiliation forms yet, so it's probably too late now to get my name listed in the official results for Sunday. On the other hand, that's probably just as well! ^_^

d.

See you there! I will be riding a blue Kinesis Crosslight. White jersey, black shorts, white helmet.

Don't worry about the affiliation, they close them around end of October, so you have plenty of time to affiliate. You get listed in results even if not affiliated, but they won't add up your points for the league as a whole. I haven't affiliated yet, want to see if my tendon survives the first race.

If you have a BC race licence, bring it, it will save you three quid. If not, bring an extra three quid^_^ It's that simple.

My only advice is to ride a couple of laps before the race, to work out what you will ride and what you will run. Don't think of it as the deep end, the races are mainly just total fun. Honestly, afterwards you'll be asking yourself why you worried.

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Thanks for the reassurance! I'll probably ride down nice and early, get signed on and try riding the course before all the fun starts - sounds like good advice. Will be good to watch the earlier races too - a friend's son is riding in the juniors.

I'll look out for you. Don't know what I'll be wearing yet - probably a plain dark blue jersey, black shorts, black helmet.

d.

Top Bottom