Londoner in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adeola

Hi all,

Just wanted to say hello. I've been a member of this forum for a few weeks and have done a bit of lurking. Thought it's about time I introduce myself.

I'm originally from London but I live in Essex. I'm trying to get into this cycling thing...it's very therapeutic. However, I always feel a bit disoriented when I get outside. I'd like a cycling buddy and cycling routes.

U

User32269

:welcome: hello from Liverpool. Will soon get used to being one of us weirdo cyclists!

MikeG

Guru
Essex is a big county.

If you want cycling buddies, then join your local cycle club. Most do try-out rides on a Sunday morning.

There are plenty of folk here who don't belong to a club but want to go out with a few others without the formality of membership, team kit, 'seriousness' etc.

Look out for forum rides in your area. Whereabouts are you?

Welcome to the forum from an Essex boy (Brentwood) in Norway.

Dismount

Hello and welcome. I am sure you will have no issue finding a cycling buddy. But I would recommend you make time for solo rides can be therapeutic.

DaggersJeff

Hi Adeola,

Welcome to the forum!

Whereabouts in Essex are you? A lot of clubs do beginner evenings now the longer days are here. They usually let you come along for a couple of try out rides before they invite you to join.

vickster

Legendary Member
Welcome :smile:

Also look at Skyrides and Breeze rides (for women). Could also try Cyclebuddy

A lot of club riders will be on roadbikes if that makes a difference to you

OP
OP
Adeola

Adeola

Thanks for your replies.

I'm in Canvey Island.

Top Bottom