Londonists - best route from Victoria to Kings Cross by bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Please. Competant, sort-of, confident, once-upon-a-time, rider seeks route advice to traverse the Great Wen to catch a train to the north.

gpx or tcx a bonus....

What time? I'll be going straight from work with the aim to find some dinner at the station before boarding the 20.00 train with Adam. Times permitting, I can come towards Victoria and "pick you up"?

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
D'Oh! I've been away too long

09:00 Horsham - London Bridge train (gets to LB 10:05 therefore is cycle friendly as embargo applies on before 10:00 arrivals)
Change at Three Bridges 09:16
09:35 Three Bridges - St Pancras International 10:33 (also beats the embargo)
Walk to Kings Cross
11:08 Kings Cross to York. Lunch in York.

Sorted.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Can't hurt to put it on the Etrex, can it.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Or from London Bridge, ride via Bank (traffic-free now) to Cheapside and Holborn, then right up Grays Inn Road. Or from Victoria, follow your nose to Strand then north at the top of Aldwych along Kingsway, right along Theobalds Road and left up Grays Inn Road.

Ask a dozen riders and you'll get at least a dozen different answers. Personally I wouldn't use a route that went via HPC, because a horrible roundabout, but YMMV.

OP
OP
GrumpyGregry

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Or from London Bridge, ride via Bank (traffic-free now) to Cheapside and Holborn, then right up Grays Inn Road. Or from Victoria, follow your nose to Strand then north at the top of Aldwych along Kingsway, right along Theobalds Road and left up Grays Inn Road.

Ask a dozen riders and you'll get at least a dozen different answers. Personally I wouldn't use a route that went via HPC, because a horrible roundabout, but YMMV.
I've done it before, and I seem to recall the first time swearing a lot that I'd never do it again. But I have done it several times since. The LB option is a good one.

Top Bottom