Londons Mayor of the people puts Bobbies on Buses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
As yet my daughter hasn't been hassled on a bus and she has been taught to either sit near the driver or nearest adults if she feels in anyway scared or intimidated. As I don't own a car my eldest will be seen onto a bus and I will meet her from the bus stop if it is after dark.

Other than that Linf I do feel you are engage in unnecessary and reactionary scaremongering of the order of the hysterical Daily Mail in full flight, as if 'steaming' and 'happy slapping' happen on a daily and epidemic level.

Ashtrayhead, having worked on a number of community events which have been hellish to work on due to local yoof in the Woolwich & Erith areas, I can only sympathise with the sheer quantity of disruptive young chav oiks that populate that stretch of the South East.
More importantly I think these kids are a problem of bad parenting rather than them being able to ride the bus for free. It is also at the drivers discretion wether to allow them to board the bus in the first place.

OP
OP
L

LLB

If I lived in London, I very much doubt i'd own a car at all either, but out this way the public transport system is hit and miss, and things are more spread out.

Daily Mail you say?, I very rarely buy a national paper any more, and I'd only pick up the mail by mistake if I did.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
linfordlunchbox said:
If I lived in London, I very much doubt i'd own a car at all either, but out this way the public transport system is hit and miss, and things are more spread out.

Daily Mail you say?, I very rarely buy a national paper any more, and I'd only pick up the mail by mistake if I did.

I tend to appreciate your having a 4x4 Linf as both your job and location dictate.
As a reletively sane Londoner I can get a tad rattled by the sentiments of my fellow country folk painting London as a crime riddled ghetto where everyday you risk your life leaving the house/getting on a bus/using a cash machine/riding the underground etc.

If anything makes me want to leave London it is the politics of urban gentrification/renewal the 2012 Olympic build up and the slow tortured death of social housing.

Milo

Guru
I used bus routes in london for about two years when working in shorditch and in that time only saw one incident of any serious nature.
In fact in all my time of using london public transport 10 years that was the only incident.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
roshi chris said:
You mean people like you. Typical selfish tory attitute. I work in the City in planning and development (specifically transport), and I can tell you that everyone who knows anything about how London operates is very worried about Boris.

obviously, cos most people in jobs like that are unreformed trotskyites.

Road planning in London is terrible, nothing has been done for years, nothin useful anyway...

How about pulling your finger out and building some flyovers for things like the north circ?
How long has it taken your lot to widen the A40 around Acton?
Ever going to do anything about the A5 through Cricklewood?

That's just a few examples, but you guys will just twiddle your thumbs and look forward to your next diversity training day.......

Top Bottom