Some may recall that got Long Covid... it must be 8+ years ago now. It was confirmed after 2 spells in hospital.
The ways it affected me (it varies among sufferers) were/are .........
1. Loss of balance. Falling off bike and simply falling while walking.
2. Severe loss of strength, particularly in my legs. I couldnt stand from sitting without assistance and had to 'haul' myself up the single door step. For 6+ months i used a strollator and even in the house used a zimmer frame.
3. Weight loss. I lost 31/2 stone in 6 weeks.
4. Complete change to my taste buds.
My update.......
I still get very tired and sleep a lot**
My appetite is now quite good.
I can walk now but have to be very careful when crossing roads as changing direction makes me lose balance.
I still cant cycle and doubt I ever will.
I have put 21/2 stone back on.
**It did worry me but the study I've just read says Long Covid affects blood flow to the brain with tiredness a result (they dont know why that is).
All in i am very pleased with progress and have come to accept it.....there are many sufferers far worse than me, some fatally so.
Sorry if this has bored any of you but this report brought it all up in my mind so thought I would share it.
The ways it affected me (it varies among sufferers) were/are .........
1. Loss of balance. Falling off bike and simply falling while walking.
2. Severe loss of strength, particularly in my legs. I couldnt stand from sitting without assistance and had to 'haul' myself up the single door step. For 6+ months i used a strollator and even in the house used a zimmer frame.
3. Weight loss. I lost 31/2 stone in 6 weeks.
4. Complete change to my taste buds.
My update.......
I still get very tired and sleep a lot**
My appetite is now quite good.
I can walk now but have to be very careful when crossing roads as changing direction makes me lose balance.
I still cant cycle and doubt I ever will.
I have put 21/2 stone back on.
**It did worry me but the study I've just read says Long Covid affects blood flow to the brain with tiredness a result (they dont know why that is).
All in i am very pleased with progress and have come to accept it.....there are many sufferers far worse than me, some fatally so.
Sorry if this has bored any of you but this report brought it all up in my mind so thought I would share it.