Long haul Bib shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
Personally, tried bibs, can't get on with them for the simple reason that if you need to relieve yourself, you virtually have to strip off - ! :rofl:

simongt

Guru
You usually pull the front down to have a pee, you maybe had some with a particularly high frontage?
Indeed. To be fair this was about eighteen years ago and they were 'high fronted' with no fly so to speak. I'm sure things have moved on in the meantime - ! Since then the GLW and I have been very happy with Tracksters for the cold weather :cold:and Aldi MTB shorts for the warmer months. :thumbsup:

S-Express

Looking for advice on bib shorts for 4 to 8 hrs in the saddle.

Bibs that fit and are comfy would be my advice. The other bit of advice I would offer is to disregard anyone's recommendations for a certain brand or other, as what suits them may not suit you.

In general terms though, the more you spend (up to a certain point) the better the fit and comfort is likely to be.

vickster

Legendary Member
What's your budget?

Go try some on, see what feels comfy when leaning forwards, a large Evans store will have a good range. Extra bonus, Evans pricematch, so once you've chosen a pair, see if another retailer has in your size cheaper, show guy on till the webpage and Bob's your mother's uncle :smile: you can do a quick Google for reviews too, see what others have said just to confirm

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Bibs that fit and are comfy would be my advice. The other bit of advice I would offer is to disregard anyone's recommendations for a certain brand or other, as what suits them may not suit you.
That. I've spent all day/night (considerably longer than eight hours…) in Lidl shorts without any discomfort. If you're comfortable, or not, you should stay that way…

I've probably got about a dozen pairs of bib shorts including Decathlon, Specialized, Polaris, Merlin and Castelli and can say without doubt that the best ones for long distance are the Merlin Elite bib shorts.

In fact, they are so good I now have 4 pairs and at £45 would be very difficult to beat. Even on rides in excess of 100 miles I have never experienced any discomfort.

https://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-wear-elite-cycling-bib-shorts-78605.html

Graham

Top Bottom