Long Jerseys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jezston

Über Member
I am a man of slightly odd proportions - I am 6 foot tall but only have 32 inside leg so most of my height is in my upper body. To be fair, I don't look like a freak - I'm still impossibly handsome - it's just if you saw me you might think my shirt was a little bit short for me.

So this is a problem with jerseys - if I get a medium size, it's a touch too short to be comfortable, and I constantly find myself pulling down on it. If I get a large size - well that may well be just as short but also too baggy.

So are there any jersey manufacturers out there that make tops for the, err, longer gentleman?

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Just bumping this in case anyone with longer proportions reads this! Now things are getting rather cold again I could do with some new long-sleeved jerseys, but am getting sick of finding one I like the look of to find it's either too short (Medium) or too baggy (Large).

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I am a man of slightly odd proportions - I am 6 foot tall but only have 32 inside leg so most of my height is in my upper body. To be fair, I don't look like a freak - I'm still impossibly handsome - it's just if you saw me you might think my shirt was a little bit short for me.

So this is a problem with jerseys - if I get a medium size, it's a touch too short to be comfortable, and I constantly find myself pulling down on it. If I get a large size - well that may well be just as short but also too baggy.

So are there any jersey manufacturers out there that make tops for the, err, longer gentleman?

Yep. Shutt Velo Rapide. I'm 6' 2" have a 32" inside leg so do look like a freak and my impossible good looks were ruined many years ago playing rugby.

The tailor's dilemma; cheap. good fit. wears well. Pick any two ;-)

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
+1 re Aldi jerseys - I had a medium one you could have had - pockets kept getting caught on the saddle whenever I stood up - but I gave it away not long ago.

Fiona N

Veteran
Have you checked out Pearl Izumi gear? From my experience of the women's range, their jerseys and jackets are very long in the body - I have a gilet that has to be pulled up at the front otherwise it hinders my legs, so they do seem to be made for people 6+ feet tall with long bodies :rolleyes:

gavintc

Guru
I too am tall, but have reasonably long legs. When I started cycling, I bought cycle shorts and jerseys and found that a gap in the middle was a common occurrence. My solution to the problem was to switch to bib shorts as this gap was not present. So, my recommendation - get some bibs.

e-rider

crappy member
if you are going to shop at aldi or lidl (because it's so cheap), buy two, cut the body off one and stitch it to the other

IME, altura is short and wide (I like); Endura is long and narrow (I'm too fat for this style)

Tynan

Veteran
bib longs?

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Am I glad I bumped this thread!

Thanks chaps - Shutt stuff is NICE.

I wonder what Rapha gear fits like - I might try and push for one of their CX tops for Christmas ;)

OP
OP
Jezston

Jezston

Über Member
Have you checked out Pearl Izumi gear? From my experience of the women's range, their jerseys and jackets are very long in the body - I have a gilet that has to be pulled up at the front otherwise it hinders my legs, so they do seem to be made for people 6+ feet tall with long bodies :rolleyes:

I tried on a couple of Pearl Izumi tops today actually. They only had medium and x-large in my local evans. Would have bought one there and then if they had a large as i'm sure from the fit of the other too it would have been spot on!

Oh and the world is NOT ready for me in bib anything. Sorry!

adam23

i had similar problems with my stupid long arms, i am 5' 11" but have a 75 inch reach so most of my tops are large or in castelli xl
i would rather have baggy than to short this time of year.

rovers1875

Veteran
Not an instant fix for you but the Aldi longsleave jerseys when they are offered tend to suit the longer bodied gent.

+1 for that, I've got a couple from Aldi. by the Jezston if your "of slightly odd proportions" then what does that make me me at 6' 2" and only 31" inside leg ?

Top Bottom