Long mudflaps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I've seen a lot of these extra long mudflaps on the road recently, can you buy them separately and fit to existing mudguards, does anyone use them or able to post a link?
Thank you in advance.

Origamist

Legendary Member
If you don't want the hassle of making them yourself, RAW mudflaps are what you need. You can choose different lengths and widths and choose between bolts or adhesive patches to fit them.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
The better ones are homemade. There are all sorts of materials like milk cartons or truck inner tube rubber. I made mine out of a black, stiff but flexible enough plastic from one of the kids reading folders/file things. They'll get into trouble next week at school eh. Needn't worry now.

There are rubber or leather ones on the Internet, but they are quite small.

Last edited:

simon.r

Person
The better ones are homemade. There are all sorts of materials like milk cartons or truck inner tube rubber. I made mine out of a black, stiff but flexible enough plastic from one f the kids reading folders/file things.

There are rubber or leather in nes on the Internet, but they are quite small.

I used a bit of damp proof membrane (from a roll that I already had), attached to the mudguard with cable ties. Works a treat if I say so myself!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
So easy to make your own - here's my current one

IMG_3731.JPG

- cut from a plastic bottle (drain unblocker IIRC, but contents irrelevant ^_^), 2 holes pierced with hot bradawl through new flap and existing mudguard flap and fixed with 2 zip ties. Other materials and fixing methods work well too. One of the best sources for raw material is those thin plastic kitchen 'cutting boards', flexible but tough.

simon.r

Person
IMG_2040.JPG

Photo of mine, with reflective tape.

tyred

Legendary Member
I've always made my own - plastic bottle, damp proof membrane, tractor inner tube. Leather is good if you know anyone dumping an old sofa as it absorbs water rather than spray and splash.

Top Bottom