Longest hill you've rode...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yenrod

And how did you find it!

I ask because I was 'chasing' some bloke, on a 3mile climb, who had distance on me to start - of the climb, generally, then got fairly close'ish in the middle but he had got the better and disappeared - which was strange to me because just prior to the top there is/was a pub just to the left of the road.

And as it levels out it stretches out straight and you can see for quite a distance.

I don't feel he could of made off' - that much distance, so I reckon he went the pub which was strange as he had a great cadence / position...

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What was the hilly bit ??? - never been beaten like that - it's either they climb better than me or they don't...more often the latter......hill goat me !

You'll not often get a dual............. only in TT's does it get that close, and then it's 'orrible to stay focussed to get ahead....just a bit.....

postman

Legendary Member
Two days later you were in York,I think.Riding with David and me.You never mentioned it.To me Doctor you are a real gentleman and one fine bloke.It was a pleasure to meet you along with Arch of course.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Small fry, but the two longest hills I've ever cycled, on the same day, were the A46 out of Bath to the M4 and the B4070 from Stroud to Cheltenham with all the other bits in between.

Keith Oates

Janner
The longest one I climb is the hill up to Tagaytay, which is just outside of Manila (where Marcos had his summer palace because it's cooler up there in the summer) and it's about 22Km!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asterix

Comrade Member
Probably the col du Tourmalet with camping stuff. I stopped once or twice (to look at the view of course!) Going through the ski village was the worst bit - got a nasty headwind and the place is so tackyxx() About 1km the top I seemed to get an extra boost and tried to stop a guy on a road bike from catching me. A forlorn hope:sad: The long western descent was fantastic:biggrin:

asterix

Comrade Member
Which way up the Tourmalet will you climb?

asterix said:
Which way up the Tourmalet will you climb?

aproaching it from Bagneres-de-bigorre/St Marie de Campan

i climbed the tourmalet on a recce back in may,but the weather got the better of me and got to 2k within La mongie ,I thought i was going to die from a heart attack,i could hardly breathe i was in the clouds,it was cold ,very foggy and pissing with rain !!!

the following day,climbed the Hautacam with no problems !!!!

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The Col de Huggate is a favourite of mine. 9 miles, from 60ft asl to over 800ft asl. I haven't been abroad yet on the bike, but would like to do the Heiligenblut pass in Austria. It's about 19km to the top, with a height of 2600m.

Don't know about being the longest, but a long one that sticks in my mind is approx. 30 km from Perpignan to Le Perthus in the southern Pyrenees.
Uphill, strong headwind and with a fully loaded bike, and in the rain!
But the downhill, almost all the way, to Girona made up for it.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I did Ventoux last week from Bedoin which was 22k, 95deg at the bottom in 2.04, some way below Mayo's record of 51 mins!

Top Bottom