Longest ride coming up tomorrow morning, wish me luck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I'm home and in great shape, not even a twinge lol. Just looked at your ride and can you believe that we basically did it at the same time and speed.

Take a look: http://www.strava.com/activities/77382580

I did an extra half mile to get to the start at a slow pace which accounted for my extra 2 mins more than you but our avg mph is 18.6 so no winners out of us. I'm totally chuffed with the ride as I never imagined getting through 86 miles at 18.6 mph avg. Great day and im buzzing, and to top it off im off work tomorrow for a bank holiday so I'm having a well deserved beer tonight with the mrs.
We must have finished on top of each other :biggrin: I believe I should win for surviving some of the worst riding I've seen. Too much stupid to be detailed, but I'm already not going next year!

Brutally bad riding at times.. Disappointing at worst, yet somewhat angering at the time.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Just noticed too - we both set our biggest rides today :laugh:

Siegfried

That's pretty good going. There have been a couple of editions of the Cycle Show (formerly sponsored by a certain Ulster based online bike shop), one from Derry/Londonderry and one from Belfast I think marking the Giro coming over there next year. They did a couple of great looking bike rides, from Derry/Londonderry out to Donegal and from Belfast down to the Mournes and the coast around Newcastle. I've been to Ireland north and south a couple of times but never with the bike and the view from one of the hills they rode up makes it look worth the trip on its own although if I do ever get back there I'd better get some serious training in first if they're all as quick as you.

T.M.H.N.E.T

That's pretty good going. There have been a couple of editions of the Cycle Show (formerly sponsored by a certain Ulster based online bike shop), one from Derry/Londonderry and one from Belfast I think marking the Giro coming over there next year. They did a couple of great looking bike rides, from Derry/Londonderry out to Donegal and from Belfast down to the Mournes and the coast around Newcastle. I've been to Ireland north and south a couple of times but never with the bike and the view from one of the hills they rode up makes it look worth the trip on its own although if I do ever get back there I'd better get some serious training in first if they're all as quick as you.
Those CycleShow segments piqued my interest a lot! But that's the problem with Ireland in general - there is almost too much good ride potential, unless you are retired,insane or both :laugh:

OP
OP
Irishrich

Irishrich

Über Member
We must have finished on top of each other :biggrin: I believe I should win for surviving some of the worst riding I've seen. Too much stupid to be detailed, but I'm already not going next year!
Brutally bad riding at times.. Disappointing at worst, yet somewhat angering at the time.
Same here, there were alot of erratic riders, especially one kid who kept swerving from left to right in front of me in a fast pack that I was in. I tried to overtake him a few times but it was too difficult to work out his next move so I waited till he got bunched in and then went up front. I lost time in groups in narrow lanes so I'd say we were pretty even over the whole course which is pretty weird over such a long ride. It didn't put me off so I'll be going next year and infact I would advise alot of our British based forum buddies to give it a go as I met quite a few guys from clubs over from Scotland and England so it seemed to be a big event.

OP
OP
Irishrich

Irishrich

Über Member
Might have to look into the Team Madigan Challenge. By the way just incase you maybe passed me, or rather I passed you, I was wearing bright red Fizik road shoes and a lap the lough jersey. I looked around to see if anyone had the same shoes but couldnt find another person. Guess I was the only one who took up the offer on Planet X. I definitely passed a load of Team Madigan guys about 3/4 through the course as I had got held up in a slower group for a bit of the middle part of the course then caught up with a faster group for the final bit.

T.M.H.N.E.T

I can't really remember much,once the red mist descended I stopped sightseeing lol

Should have asked someone for me :tongue: Although I was sitting back later on in the ride offering a wheel, as a true gent does of course.

Top Bottom