Longest ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GavinDavies7

I finished work early yesterday so I managed to get out before it was going dark thought I would go for a longer ride as most of my rides are done after work in the dark, suprised myself with distance I went 41.3 km. got to 27km then realised it was time to head home from 35-40k it was mainly up hill which was a killer and my legs felt like they belonged to someone else. So more practice at longer distance from now on or maybe a visit to Michele Farrari for some EPO

si_c

Guru
Nice work. The best rides are when you don't notice the distance.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I used to commute from Bolton to Horwich 5-6 days a week when I worked. Boring busy bloody A roads filled with a$$hole drivers doing my head in even before I started work.
Sooooooo, on a Friday when I finished early, the bike and I would take a detour. Up through Rivington, up Winter Hill, and back downhill into Bolton again.
It was exhausting, but immensely good fun and set me up for the weekend carnage with my mountain biking buddies :smile:

I did a 240 odd Km ride the other week. That's the longest so far, this year, for me. I'd usually wait for the clocks to go forward before increasing the single ride distance, but I thought it'd be worth a giggle, mainly to hush up a particularly vocal person on a Strava thing I'm included in, because of a British Cycling leader commitment I have coming up.

cubey

Über Member
I did a 240 odd Km ride the other week.

Impressive stuff, I wouldn't be able to walk for a week if I did that.:ohmy:

The_Weekend_Report_Guy

Pablo's Cycling Tours
I finished work early yesterday so I managed to get out before it was going dark thought I would go for a longer ride as most of my rides are done after work in the dark, suprised myself with distance I went 41.3 km. got to 27km then realised it was time to head home from 35-40k it was mainly up hill which was a killer and my legs felt like they belonged to someone else. So more practice at longer distance from now on or maybe a visit to Michele Farrari for some EPO

Good work..! Keep at it soon you will be riding metric centuries every weekend..!!! That is like 62 miles..

My longest ride? https://www.strava.com/activities/151182355 and it was a bumpy one..!

RegG

Über Member
I've done my longest ride to date this morning - 41.3 miles (or 66.5 km for those insisting on using European measurements!!) with a total of 1,217 ft climbing (or 371 metres). Not fast at 3 hours 6 minutes but still averaged a steady 13.3 mph which is not bad (IMHO) for a 63 year old.

I'm pleased with myself anyway!!

Top Bottom