Longest Tennis match ever?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Currently 2 sets all, final set gone to 42 vs 42 games... Insane, and it's only the first round! Live on BBC now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
That was the sort of thing I dreaded as a kid, because they'd stay with the tennis (or cricket or snooker) for as long as it lasted, and like as not, cancel Tom and Jerry.

I guess they must be equally matched....

Arch said:
That was the sort of thing I dreaded as a kid, because they'd stay with the tennis (or cricket or snooker) for as long as it lasted, and like as not, cancel Tom and Jerry.

I guess they must be equally matched....

True - but the commentators used longer words then!
'Dread "Wimby" replaces Fred Quimby'!

Actually, it was the silly things like Peter West (Mr Shiny Head) and Harry Carpenter, who were cricket and boxing experts respectively, turning up at Wimbledon and being allowed to commentate! I used to find that odd for some reason...(youthful ignorance I guess - nothing's changed :evil:).

BigSteev

I left work at 30-all. Back watching it now though. It's broken loads of records.
Longest game ever both in terms of time and games played. Both players have now beaten the record number of aces served by a player in a single game.
Unbelievably the standard of the tennis is still really high.

Tennis is the longest game ever. Fortunately at the moment it is not hogging both the BBC channels as there is another tournament happening.

Actually I'd apply all the usual forum grumbles about the beautiful game to the minority sport that is tennis. :evil:

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
One of them has got to bonk soon:laugh:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm watching it now ... shows that they have great fitness and stamina. Who ever wins this one - they will probably loose their next game - for a start no recovery time.

Top Bottom