Longevity Research

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Interesting read agree with cycling helping the immune system and general health. I had a period of at least 3 years where I didn't regularly ride, felt lethargic and seemed to be run down most of the time. Changed jobs got back into regular riding (80+ miles per week) and feel so much better for it.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I am not riding as much as I used to, every week. I am working out 5 times a week though with a mix of HIIT, lifting, yoga/mobility and riding. Also walk a lot. Feeling pretty good. I am put my socks on while standing up and am not as stiff as a board first thing in the mornings.
I am moving House soon and will ride much more then. Cycle buddy around the corner and KLBUG up the road.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
I feel so much better when I exercise and eat less/healthier. It’s hard making this a lifetime commitment though so no wonder the vast majority, including myself, don’t manage to keep it up. Sadly, I go off the rails every so often and binge eat then beat myself up and try again.
Could be wrong but I think it'd be healthier to binge eat go off the rails but carry on with some form of exercise than eat healthy all the time but not exercise in some shape or form. I ate a lot healthier when I stopped riding to avoid putting weight on but felt less healthy than I do now with not the best of diets. Definitely wouldn't beat yourself up when you go off track with eating

Top Bottom