Longs - padded or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Dannyg said:
I think the idea is that if you have shorts on under your tights you can take the tights off if it warms up during the ride. If you don't have any shorts on under your tights it could prove embarrassing if you whip them off during the ride.

the usual shorts that are worn under an unpadded pair of shorts or tights are padded `under-shorts' these are invariably white or grey and look like a pair of tight `trollies'you couldn't wear them on their own.
Why would you wear ordinary unpadded lycra bib-shorts under a pair of unpadded bib-tights ?;)

OP
OP
Danny

Danny

Legendary Member
peanut said:
the usual shorts that are worn under an unpadded pair of shorts or tights are padded `under-shorts' these are invariably white or grey and look like a pair of tight `trollies'you couldn't wear them on their own.
Why would you wear ordinary unpadded lycra bib-shorts under a pair of unpadded bib-tights ?:becool:
I assumed you would wear ordinary padded cycling shorts under unpadded tights - though as I've always had padded tights before I've never given it that much thought.

jasper

PaulB said:
Without a pad. If you ever need cushioning, wear a disposable nappy!
The pad is not for cushioning; it's to absorb the sweat so that your shorts don't chaf.

Top Bottom