Look 253 first ride.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well l finally got the bike set up the way l wanted , ditched the carbon bars and replaced with aluminium , new tape and re wired accordingly.
The ride wasn't far about 20km but with a bit of climbing and some fast flat'ish roads. This bike is different from any of my other bikes including the Look 243. For a start it is a bit lighter (approx 9.6 kg) 52cm c/c frame. The ride feel is like nothing l have experienced up to now in that the bike vibrates at a noticeably high frequency so even over a roughish road surface it seems to smooth out the bumps.
I would love to hear what any other 253 owner thinks of the characteristics of the bike.
Here it is set up the way l like and with those cracking Mavic wheels !
2019-12-28 13.10.56.jpg

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@woodbutcher seeing your Look inspired me to go and have a play with mine this morning which i can't wait to get it ready for some dry spring miles :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed the experience

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
@woodbutcher seeing your Look inspired me to go and have a play with mine this morning which i can't wait to get it ready for some dry spring miles :laugh:

Glad you enjoyed the experience
I rode it this afternoon , nice day cold but sunny. About half a km from home l am grinding up a really steep hill, even people on foot struggle . Disaster struck ....the rear wheel suddenly came loose enough to bind up with the chain stay bringing me to a falling over sideways halt . No time to get feet out of straps so l described a perfect arc sideways until l hit the ground .....then l stopped very painfully. The good news is that the bike landed on top of me so hopefully no damage to it . On the other hand l feel more than bit sore !! PS. will check QR tension before riding in future :blush:

Top Bottom