LOOK 253 has arrived

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Hopefully, that nice set of wheels you picked up 10 days ago...if so:okay:
Just seen this from you B Exp. you are dead right . The colour in this photo is a bit out because believe me those wheels were meant for this Look , they tone in with the bike colours perfectly......many thanks for putting me on to them .
IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
PS ignore the strange goings on with the bars, l am in the middle of trying various combinations because l removed the carbon ones the bike came with. They were all a bit of a mess in my eyes ...see photo .
IMG_1370.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
I'm afraid I find it very difficult to get too excited about anything fitted with a thick carbon fork. It just ruins the whole aesthetic for me.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I'm afraid I find it very difficult to get too excited about anything fitted with a thick carbon fork. It just ruins the whole aesthetic for me.
To be honest l wasn't 100% sold on it when l first saw the bike and actually this is the only bike l have with any carbon on it.
However l have been in touch with Look France and they have been very helpful. The bike was built in January 1998 and they sent me the link to their commercial catalogue for that year which does specify a carbon fork for the otherwise steel (Nemo) frame.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@SkipdiverJohn sure he won't mind
We all stray from time to time

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The furthest I've strayed is owning a couple of welded hi-tensile steel 80's/90's mountain bikes, because most MTB's were welded from the beginning, and lugs were always the exception not the norm. Perfectly functional, but not pretty.
For road frames it will always be slim steel tubes and conventional crown forks for me, preferably of the butted variety, and lugged & brazed. Apparently, this makes me a Retrogrouch!

Top Bottom