look after your eyes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
guys just a note when you get the reminder that you eye test is due dont ignore or put it off because of cost, eyesight is far to valuble as my optician spotted my glaucoma and poss may have caught it sooner
been fighting with glaucoma the past 2 years in both eye,s:ohmy: with drops . well it has won in my right eye lost in the left:thumbsup: ended up yesterday at darlington hospitial for trabeculectomy...:ohmy: vid of operation on you tube

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJFC5fo_XQ
was beck there this morning to get it checked, all went well still feel crap .. cant bend or lift more than 2 kg for 2 weeks ,and no cycling either ...got that many drops now had to make a rota so i dont miss any 5 lots
P1010797.JPG

Night Train

Maker of Things
ended up yesterday at darlington hospitial for trabeculectomy...:ohmy: vid of operation on you tube
:eek:

Get well soon.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Um, that still from the middle of the video really is horrid. Could we just have a link to the vid, instead of having it embedded. Some people (including me) are much more squeamish about eyes than other surgery.

Basil.B

Guru
Hope all goes well, I had two cataract operations last year.
Got to go back as I have a problem in my left eye.
Couldn't watch the video, got a phobia about eyes!

Kies

GWS ... My father in law suffers with Gluacoma and we are forever going up to see him after ops!

Yikes! GWS indeed TL :hugs:

I have actually been putting off my eye test due to cost/time/can't be @rsed etc, and we do have family history of glaucoma :sad:

I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow after reading this, (sorry can't watch the vid, but I can imagine it's content xx()

All the best Captain Jack :thumbsup:

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Even after various internet 'shock' images, eye surgery still gets me... I think I watched about 5 seconds lol Thankfully I think my contact lens check-ups should keep a good check on my eye health :smile:

Get well soon :thumbsup:

Um, that still from the middle of the video really is horrid. Could we just have a link to the vid, instead of having it embedded. Some people (including me) are much more squeamish about eyes than other surgery.
Agreed, the only time I have felt physically faint was watching a film about the danger of not wearing safety glasses when grinding, a scene showing a man being enucleated following a grindstone burst sure got the message across and some of the more sensitive apprentices out of the room.

OP
OP
theloafer

theloafer

Legendary Member
forgot about this post ...update
I had to have a 2nd opp in June as they got the pressure down in that eye but was getting some double vision and as with eye operation's no bending +lifting and no cycling:sad: for 3 week ,s had a checkup last thurs then on the fri was back in getting more work on it which entailed taking blood out of my arm and injected into my eye :eek: while I was AWAKE,,, some thing I hope I never have to do again(thought knew what pain was) the first 3 were not that bad .but then she said 1 more injection to go..... the antibiotics but I am sorry but you might feel this one :ohmy: she was right so still of work (still got to watch all the TDF)..but still no cycling till I get the ok from surgeon.... really missing it more than I thought

Basil.B

Guru
Glad you are on the mend. :thumbsup:
I had an operation last month for a detached retina in my right eye, no cycling for me neither.
Just getting my vision back, in debt to the surgeon, sight is precious!

Top Bottom