Look at this

Discussion in 'Helmet Discussions' started by Racing roadkill, 26 Jul 2017.

1. srw

srw It's a bit more complicated than that...

Already roundly condemned and being actively campaigned against here

2. mjr

mjr Wanting to Keep My EU Citizenship

Yes, a number of Nationwide members are working to get this evidence-free policy change reversed. It seems like another example of a helmet zealot somewhere in the decision-making process abusing their power to force their misguided personal beliefs on others.

mustang1 likes this.
  3. Cycleops

Cycleops Guru

They are entitled to make their own T & Cs and the policy is free, there are plenty of other policies on offer so not much to get excited about here.

mustang1 likes this.
  4. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

The account is £10 a month, so not free.

mustang1, Profpointy and mjr like this.
  5. mjr

I'm not sure because I feel they would have backed down long before now if that was the case. I think someone in Swindon is a helmet-pusher.

6. Reiver

Reiver Legendary Member

I wonder how obvious it was made within the policy? is it just a few words hidden deep down in pages of confusing small print, or was it obvious. Whenever I have studied policy wording for any insurance I have come to the conclusion that I'm not really covered for anything and any pay out on their behalf would be mostly down as a goodwill gesture. Insurance companies just seem to be a law to themselves.

Last holiday I went on I wasn't covered for any claim that was the result of alcohol - now that was a bit of wording that could probably see them welch on most claims.

7. They also won't cover you if you're not wearing a condom, a nappy, and a full suit of armour.

mjr and Cycleops like this.
  8. Nigel-YZ1

Nigel-YZ1 Guru

And next month the hi-viz clause gets added?

mjr and Drago like this.
  9. mjr

No, next month you'll have to carry a white flag whenever walking and an approved parachute on all international flights.

10. From next year they'll only cover bicycles with four wheels, seatbelt, roof and an engine.

11. mjr

12. Passed on your comments... To the cleaner to throw in the incinerator.

13. Have CUK or BC had much to say on this? Nationwide are trotting out the standard "its safer" line without offering any evidence to support the claim.

14. ufkacbln

ufkacbln Guest

Justices closed my account and transferred the money elsewhere making it clear that the decision was taken on the grounds that it was a policy change that had no evidence

Drago likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice