look cleats and cleat covers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eck

Über Member
I agree about the Knog lights, but I was glad of the cleat covers last year when I had a 4 mile walk thanks to a broken frame.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I had look keo cleat covers, mine would intermittently fall off the cleat under pressure, I too have suffered the indignity of walking in road cycling shoes while pushing a failed bicycle, last walk was four miles. They aren't really made for this purpose, they do however provide some grip which may be useful when negotiating a smooth polished floor at a cafe. I am resigned to wearing out the cleats and making sure I have a stock of replacements when the time comes.

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
if i go with a pair of exhustar i will be replacing pedals and cleats at the same time as cleats cost just as much as a pair!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
young Ed

young Ed

Veteran
From the title I assume you have a pair of look pedals and cleats ?
no a pair of spd-sl cleats and pedals is what i own and ride/use but have noticed the yellow part of the cleats breaking up due to walking and as the look cleats look so similar i was wondering if the look cleat covers would fit my spd-sl cleats but it appears not
Cheers Ed

eck

Über Member
I've had a couple of pairs of Exustar pedals. Not impressed: the spindles on two (both right side) became really stiff. I took one out to check it, it seemed ok out of the pedal but, when I screwed it back in to the pedal body, I managed to strip the thread. :cry:
They are cheap though.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ok , so what pedals do you have ? If they are a nice pair then why buy another cheap pair that come with cheap cleats . Just buy some good cleats .

the_mikey

Legendary Member
I've had a couple of pairs of Exustar pedals. Not impressed: the spindles on two (both right side) became really stiff. I took one out to check it, it seemed ok out of the pedal but, when I screwed it back in to the pedal body, I managed to strip the thread. :cry:
They are cheap though.

I've got some as replacements for a very creaky squeaky pair of keo classics, not unhappy with them since they were fitted a year ago.

Kies

All this talk of walking on protruding cleats reminds me ..... Change the Defy over to mtb pedals so one pair of riding shoes for all bikes.

Young Ed - you want to buy my cleats & covers?

Top Bottom